Windsor Swimming Club
Level 2 Open Meet 2SE150111
17th/18th January 2015 – Magnet Leisure Centre, Maidenhead
COMPETITION RULES AND PROMOTER’S CONDITIONS
This competition is licensed by the ASA for entry into National competitions, Championships and District championships. The meet will run in accordance with the ASA Law, ASA Technical Rules and these competition rules.
- All clubs must enter their swimmers en bloc as they normally would and entries must be made via the website at the following link
- Please use Sportsystems Entry Manager and upload the file via the website.
- Entries will not be considered complete until receipt of payment.
- Payment by Bank Transfer is preferred and will not incur an administrative charge. Details are listed below. If a Cheque is used, then please send to the address listed at the bottom of these conditions. . Payment by PayPal is also possible via the website.
- Closing date for entries Saturday 13th December 2014 at 12:00 noon
- Sort Code20 78 58
- Account no40549770
- Your RefL2 xxxx (Your Club code replaces xxxx, ie Windsor is L2 Wins)
- Account NameWindsor Swimming Club
- If a Cheque is used, it is to be made payable to Windsor Swimming Club, please ensure your Club is listed on the back.
- Please note, all clubs sending swimmers are asked to supply names and contact details of as many willing Officials as possible (at least three JL1 or JL2) to secure the acceptance of the club’s entry.
- As in previous years we will also commit to supporting mentoring of officials once the officiating requirements for the meet are fully complied with.
- The competition pool is an 8 lane deck level 25 metre pool with anti wave lane ropes. Electronic placing and timing will be in operation
Age groups for events are: Ages at 18th January 201550m free
100m All strokes
200m All strokes and IM
400m free and IM / 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17+
10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17+
9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17+
10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17+
- Heats will be run all age groups seeded together. All events will be heat declared in the categories listed above.
Meet Objective and Qualifying Times
- The objective of this meet is to provide the highest level of competition possible, whilst at the same time providing the largest number of opportunities for swimmers to qualify for Regional and National level swimming, and last chance Counties.
- The following times are qualifying times and will be used to determine whether a swimmer’s entry is accepted or not, fastest to slowest, balanced by age group. Times must have been achieved at a licensed meet within the past 12 months and will be verified using the ASA Rankings.
- All entrants must be registered category 2 swimmers
MALE qualifying times = No slower than.9 / 10 / 11 / 12 / 13 / 14 / 15 / 16 / 17+
50FR / 40.40 / 39.30 / 35.60 / 33.30 / 31.90 / 30.40 / 29.30 / 29.00 / 28.40
100FR / 01:23.00 / 01:20.60 / 01:15.70 / 01:11.10 / 01:07.30 / 01:04.60 / 01:02.60 / 01:01.40
200FR / 03:20.00 / 03:06.00 / 02:54.80 / 02:44.70 / 02:35.00 / 02:26.60 / 02:20.80 / 02:16.30 / 02:13.80
400FR / 06:30.50 / 06:06.00 / 05:46.00 / 05:26.80 / 05:10.40 / 04:57.50 / 04:48.70 / 04:42.50
100BA / 01.33.00 / 01:30.50 / 01:25.20 / 01:19.70 / 01:15.00 / 01:11.50 / 01:09.30 / 01:07.60
200BA / 03:43.70 / 03:26.70 / 03:13.30 / 03:02.60 / 02:51.10 / 02:41.40 / 02:34.30 / 02:29.80 / 02:27.00
100BR / 01.48.50 / 01:43.40 / 01:36.90 / 01:30.10 / 01:25.10 / 01:21.00 / 01:18.40 / 01:16.70
200BR / 04:17.80 / 03:57.00 / 03:42.40 / 03:29.20 / 03:15.30 / 03:03.90 / 02:55.80 / 02:50.70 / 02:46.30
100FL / 01.34.50 / 01:30.40 / 01:24.60 / 01:19.10 / 01:14.40 / 01:10.70 / 01:08.80 / 01:07.00
200FL / 04.07.00 / 03:37.30 / 03:18.20 / 03:06.60 / 02:54.70 / 02:44.70 / 02:35.50 / 02:31.70 / 02:26.90
200IM / 03.49.70 / 03:31.20 / 03:17.60 / 03:06.80 / 02:55.80 / 02:45.30 / 02:38.20 / 02:33.70 / 02:30.50
400IM / 07:26.60 / 06:59.70 / 06:34.30 / 06:12.00 / 05:50.30 / 05:34.60 / 05:25.40 / 05:18.70
FEMALE qualifying times = No slower than.9 / 10 / 11 / 12 / 13 / 14 / 15 / 16 / 17+
50FR / 40.40 / 39.40 / 35.60 / 33.80 / 32.80 / 31.80 / 31.80 / 31.80 / 31.80
100FR / 01.27.60 / 01:21.30 / 01:16.60 / 01:13.50 / 01:11.30 / 01:09.90 / 01:08.70 / 01:08.40
200FR / 03:23.50 / 03:06.80 / 02:54.40 / 02:44.90 / 02:38.00 / 02:33.50 / 02:30.20 / 02:28.00 / 02:26.40
400FR / 06:35.70 / 06:04.90 / 05:43.70 / 05:29.80 / 05:20.80 / 05:13.80 / 05:10.20 / 05:07.20
100BA / 01:38.50 / 01:31.00 / 01:25.30 / 01:21.40 / 01:19.00 / 01:17.10 / 01:16.10 / 01:15.60
200BA / 03:45.70 / 03:28.70 / 03:12.50 / 03:01.70 / 02:54.30 / 02:49.20 / 02:44.80 / 02:42.40 / 02:40.60
100BR / 01:52.50 / 01:43.50 / 01:37.30 / 01:32.30 / 01:28.70 / 01:27.10 / 01:26.20 / 01:24.90
200BR / 04:20.00 / 03:59.50 / 03:42.10 / 03:28.80 / 03:18.20 / 03:11.50 / 03:07.90 / 03:05.80 / 03:04.10
100FL / 01:39.30 / 01:30.90 / 01:24.90 / 01:21.20 / 01:18.30 / 01:16.90 / 01:15.80 / 01:14.90
200FL / 04:10.80 / 03:40.00 / 03:20.20 / 03:06.40 / 02:57.30 / 02:51.00 / 02:46.90 / 02:44.80 / 02:42.80
200IM / 03:52.20 / 03:32.70 / 03:17.90 / 03:06.30 / 02:58.80 / 02:53.10 / 02:49.50 / 02:47.20 / 02:45.70
400IM / 07:25.00 / 06:57.30 / 06:32.00 / 06:14.40 / 06:03.10 / 05:55.80 / 05:50.50 / 05:48.20
- Medals will be given to the top 3 in each age group. These will be available from the Trophy table situated at the play pool end of the facility.
- Trophies for Top Boy, Top Girl, Top Club and Top Visiting Club will bepresented at the end of the Meet calculated by the accumulation of points as follows:
1st8 points5th4 points
2nd7 points6th3 points
3rd6 points7th2 points
4th5 points8th1 points No points will be awarded for a disqualification.
Session 1Session 2Session 3Session 4
We assume that swimmers will swim in all the events for whichthey have been accepted. As our aim is to allow as many swimmers as possible to attain County, Regional and National Qualifying Times, we want to minimize empty lanes. To support this aim we will therefore:
- Run a registration process for the 400m races only in the foyer of the Magnet. Registration will close 5 minutes before the start of Warm-up 1 of each session.
- Run a wait list for the 400m events should we be over-subscribed in those events
- Request that prior to the event non-swimmers are brought to the attention of our Meet Administrator, PETER WUESTNER BY EITHER EMAIL or TELEPHONE (details below)
- Any other withdrawals will be accepted on the day BEFORE THE END OF WARM-UP 1 FOR EACH SESSION.
We will post accepted swims on our website as soon after the closing date as is practicable.
Car Park passes will be posted to the contact specified when the entry was made.
Any further details will be sent by e-mail.
When called for an event, swimmers must report to the Competitor's Stewards to be allocated a heat and lane number.
Individual events:400m events - £7.50 (including Regional Levy)
All other events - £5.50 (including Regional Levy)
Coaches Pass for 2 days:£25 includes lunch each day, programme, start sheets and full set of results emailed unless otherwise requested ( PLEASE NOTE: a ratio of 1:10 is recommended by the ASA)
Spectators£5.00 per session, £10 for all day, £20 for all 4 sessions
Children and O.A.Ps, are free
Car Park Passes£4.00 for all day Saturday and free on Sunday in Hines Meadow Car Park
- Swim meet entries will be managed on a computer. By submitting entries, consent is thereby given, as required by the Data Protection Act 1984, to the holding of personal information on computer. Personal data will be available for inspection during the meet upon request.
- Following Child Protection guidelines, all photographic equipment including mobile phones with photographic capability must be declared and registered in a book which will be located by the Raffle table. Should any person be seen using photographic equipment which has not been registered, they may be asked to leave the premises.
- Possessions and articles must not be left unattended as the Promoter and Pool Management will not accept liability for any loss or damages that may occur during the meet.
- The changing rooms are unisexand will be patrolled during the Meet to ensure the safety of all the swimmers. It should also be noted that the Magnet has security cameras in operation in this area.
- For safety and comfort reasons we request that all swimmers place their swimming bags in the lockers provided. The lockers take £1 coins which are refundable.
- Starts will be “over the top” where possible to ensure that the events run to time in each session.
- The Teaching pool, bubble pool, and Jacuzzi are out of bounds at all times to all swimmers.
- Swimmers must wear suitable clothing and footwear on poolside. No wet clothing is allowed in the spectator seating area.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse admission to any spectator, swimmer or coach.
- Any conditions not covered in the competition rules will be dealt with in accordance with the laws of the sport and at the discretion of the Promoter. Questions can be dealt with by writing to the Promoter or the Meet Administrator
These conditions have been put together before the Consultation Paper on Competitions has been approved. We reserve the right to review and amend the conditions once the final decision regarding the Competition Schedule has been confirmed in order to comply with any changes.Address: / Windsor Swimming Club
141 New Road
SL5 8QA / Meet Adminstration:
Tel: 0754 382 0488
Tel: 07770 823560
Website: / / Email: