South Carolina Feb. Event Program
South Carolina Feb. Event Program
Dates: Feb. 22-Feb. 26, 2016
Where: Apple Tree Farm South Aiken, SC 803-266-5870
Come join Apple Tree Farm in Aiken, SC for a fun packed week in the sun (hopefully). This program is geared to prepare riders for the upcoming event season. Riders need to be able to ride independently with control and be able to jump a small course in the open. Riders from just starting at the unrecognized elementary level of eventing through the preliminary level would be suited to this camp. Participants are expected to help with barn chores and clean their tack daily.
You may bring your own horse or we will arrange for you to lease a horse (lease horses are limited, check with Alison before signing up). There is the opportunity to stay longer or come earlier. Participants are welcome to participate in the Jumping Branch Farm Schooling event on Sat. Feb. 26 . Additional fees apply.
Topics to include:
Riding your dressage test/Show jumping practice/Cross-country schooling
Galloping/conditioning/ learning pace
Show turnout: Braiding/clipping
Bandaging/lunging/equipment (studs, bits, martingales)
Trail riding and much more
Camp runs approx. 9-5
Riders have morning trail ride/hack/ or flat lesson
2-phase at ATF
Lessons to include: Dressage, XC, pace work and SJ schooling
Conditioning/pace work (we go to a track to gallop)
Limited to 10. A completed application and 50% non-refundable deposit is required by Dec. 30 in order to secure your spot. Balance of camp fee is due by Jan. 30.
$875 for camp, board, lease of a horse, entry for the 2-phase (lease horses are limited)
$675 for camp,board, entry for the 2-phase
$550 camp (for those with horses already boarded at ATF) and 2-phase
XC schooling fees not included
$125 transport fee for riders without a horse (payable to your driver)
$100 chaperone fee per child without parent
Hotel Cost to be split by # of campers in room (Chaperones do not pay)
Any Questions please ask Alison. 603-465-9592
South Carolina Feb. Vacation Camp Application
Feb. 22-26, 2016
Student Name: ______Date of Birth: ______
Address: ______Rider Cell #: ______
Parent’s names ______
Dad Cell #: ______Mom Cell #: ______
Work #: ______Home#: ______Email: ______
Physician Name: ______
Telephone #: ______Insurance Co: ______Policy #:______
In case of emergency, notify:______Phone#______
Does the Rider have any medical condition of which we should be aware: ______
Please list all medications that the Rider is currently taking: ______
Riding Experience: ______
Specific goals or weaknesses you would like to address at camp______
How will you be getting to camp?______
Medical Authorization and Release
We,______,(Parents/Guardians) hereby give permission for any and all medical and/or dental attention to be administered to our child ______in the event of accident, injury, sickness, etc., under the direction of the bearer of this letter, until such time as we may be contacted. We assume the responsibility for the payment of any such treatment. We also agree to indemnify and hold harmless the bearer from any liability arising out of said treatment and any decisions regarding treatment of my child.
Signature parent #1 date Signature parent #2 date
Primary Insurance Company: ______
Plan Code: ______
Apple Tree Farm General Release of Liability, Hold Harmless and Indemnity Agreement for Equine and Equine Related Activities
If Rider is a minor, parent or guardian information:
This agreement is made between Alison Eastman d/b/a Apple Tree Farm, Shawn Lawler, Lucinda Eastman, Apple Tree Farm South, Windsor, SC., and/or any additional landowners where such equine activities may take place, owners of any horses that may be used at Apple Tree Farm by Rider in lessons or for events/shows, and Rider and Rider’s parents or guardian, if Rider is a minor. In consideration of the use and enjoyment of Apple Tree Farm’s property, property of Alison Eastman and Shawn Lawler, property of Lucinda Eastman, Apple Tree Farm South, Windsor SC, and/or additional landowners where such equine activities may take place and the services, training, skills, animals or facilities, today and for all future dates, whether for fee or not, Rider and Rider’s parent(s) or guardian(s) on behalf of Rider each, and their heirs, and assigns hereby release, hold harmless and indemnify Alison Eastman d/b/a Apple Tree Farm, Shawn Lawler, Lucinda Eastman, Apple Tree Farm South, Windsor S.C., owners of any horses that may be used by Rider in lessons or for other equine related activities, Apple Tree Farm agents, employees and assigns, for any and all activity in any way related to equine activities, including but not limited to any activity for which the Rider and/or parents may be present on Apple Tree Farm property or property owned by Alison Eastman/Shawn Lawler, including as a spectator.
Rider and Rider’s parent(s) or guardian(s) on behalf of Rider agree as follows:
- If only one parent signs this agreement, that parent represents that they have the authority to sign on behalf of and thereby bind both parents.
- Rider and Parents agree to abide by all rules and regulations of Apple Tree Farm.
- Rider and Parents agree to carry insurance on their personal property and themselves.
- Rider and Parents understand and agree that horseback riding in all respects, including but not limited to riding on the flat in a ring, jumping fences and other obstacles, slippery and rough footing, etc. can be a very dangerous activity, and they wish nevertheless to participate.
- Rider and Parents agree that any work done by them without monetary compensation in and around Apple Tree Farm does not make them employees or agents of Apple Tree Farm.
- Rider and Parents recognize that they are voluntarily participating in equine activities at Apple Tree Farm. Rider and Parents assume and accept any and all risks involved in or in any way arising from their use of, or presence upon, the property of Apple Tree Farm, Alison Eastman and Shawn Lawler, , and/or additional landowners where Apple Tree Farm equine activities may take place, including but not limited to bodily injury, death, property damage, and the unavailability of emergency medical care, or any other loss or damage, even if the method of injury or loss or the nature or extent thereof are not contemplated at the time of signing of this agreement.
- Rider and Parents acknowledge that by signing this agreement Alison Eastman d/b/a Apple Tree Farm’s legal rights will extend to those found under RSA 508:19 and beyond to the greatest extent permitted by New Hampshire and South Carolina law.
- Rider and Parents understand and agree that under New Hampshire and South Carolina law, a participant in equine activities assumes the risk of any injury, harm, damage, or death, and any legal responsibility that may occur to participants from the inherent risks associated with equine activities and further agrees that PURSUANT TO R.S.A. 508:19 EQUINE PROFESSIONALS ARE NOT LIABLE FOR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM INHERENT RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH EQUINE ACTIVITIES.
- By signing this document, Rider and Parents agree to not bring any claim of any kind whatsoever against Alison Eastman d/b/a Apple Tree Farm, Shawn Lawler, Lucinda Eastman, Apple Tree Farm South, Windsor, SC, owners of any horses that may be used by Riders in lessons or for other equine related activities done at or under the auspices of Apple Tree Farm, Apple Tree Farm agents, employees and assigns, for any and all activity in any way related to equine activities, including but not limited to any activity for which the Rider and/or parents may be present on Alison Eastman d/b/a Apple Tree Farm property, Shawn Lawler, Lucinda Eastman, Apple Tree Farm South Windsor, SC, premises, including as a spectator. In addition, Rider and Parents agree to indemnify and hold harmless Alison Eastman d/b/a Apple Tree Farm, Shawn Lawler, Lucinda Eastman, Apple Tree Farm South and the owner of any horse that may used by Apple Tree Farm for lessons or other equine related activities, from any claims that may be brought, and that such indemnity will extend to any amounts for which the aforementioned parties may be liable, including attorney fees, costs and judgments.
- NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING CONTAINED WITHIN, RIDER AND PARENTS UNDERSTAND THAT THIS AGREEMENT IS INTENDED TO AND DOES EXTEND TO CLAIMS OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE NEGLIGNECE OF ALISON EASTMAN D/B/A APPLE TREE FARM, SHAWN LAWLER, LUCINDA EASTMAN, LLC, APPLE TREE FARM SOUTH, AND THE OWNERS OF ANY HORSE THAT MAY BE USED BY APPLE TREE FARM FOR LESSONS OR OTHER EQUINE ACTIVITIES, APPLE TREE FARM AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, WHETHER ALLEGEDLY DUE TO THEIR ACTIONS OR THE ACTIONS OF NEGLIGENCE OF THIRD PARTIES. BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT, RIDER AND PARENTS UNDERSTAND THAT ALISON EASTMAN D/B/A APPLE TREE FARM, SHAWN LAWLER, LUCINDA EASTMAN, APPLE TREE FARM SOUTH, AND THE OWNERS OF ANY HORSE THAT MAY BE USED BY APPLE TREE FARM FOR LESSONS OR OTHER EQUINE ACTIVITIES, APPLE TREE FARM AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF THEIR OWN NEGLIGENCE.
- This agreement constitutes a contract made and entered into in the State of New Hampshire,and the State of South Carolina and shall be enforced and interpreted under the laws of this State. Should any clause herein be declared invalid by a New Hampshire or South Carolina court, all other clauses shall remain in full force and effect.
Rider: ______Date: ______
Rider’s parents or Guardian(s) if rider is a minor:
Authorized SignatureDate Authorized Signature Date