Mrs. Galanin and Mrs. Smallwood
Common Core Algebra L – R Noteworthy Information
Teacher e-mail: – Mrs. Galanin
– Mrs. Smallwood
Teacher Phone message: 845-457-2400 x 19304 – Mrs. Galanin
845-457-2400 x 19090 - Mrs. Smallwood
Common Core Algebra L-R is the second half of the two year algebra program. The students will take a local final. They WILL take the NYS Common Core ALGEBRA 1 Regents in June.
- A 3-ring binder with loose leaf paper for notes and handouts.
- Pencil pouch with pencils, and erasers
- Straight edge (ruler)
- TI-83/84 Graphing calculator or downloaded version
All students have the right to learn in an environment which will provide them with the best chance of success in this class. No student has the right to interfere with the learning of any other student.
- Be attentive when others are speaking.
- Be on time and ready for the beginning of class.
- Be prepared (notebook, pencil, calculator, homework, etc).
- Be respectful of others.
- Stay on task.
- All pocketbooks and book bags are to be placed under the chairs or desks.
- Students are not to open/close the window and/or blinds.
Post Session Detention:
Please be advised that students may be assigned post session detention that school day for (but not limited to) the following offenses:
- Not taking the math notes during class
- Not doing the class work during class
- Late to class without a pass
Grading will be done on the basis of points earned out of total points possible. Each test, quiz, some home works, some Do Nows, and some exit tickets will be assigned a point value. Your grade will be calculated by taking the number of points earned on each assessment and dividing it by the total number of points you could have earned.
Extra Help is available in room 222 Tuesday through Friday during post session. Students will be informed if post session is canceled due to conferences or meetings. Other times during the day can be made with an appointment with Mrs. Galanin or Mrs. Smallwood.
Practicing concepts learned in class is an important part of learning mathematics.
- Homework will be given frequently
- WORK must be shown to receive credit for homework. No work means NO CREDIT!
- Homework may be collected for a grade.
If you miss class for any reason other than skipping* (out sick, doctor appointment, excused school event, ISS, OSS, etc.) it is your responsibility to get the assignments and the notes. Complete all notes and each homework assignment. This MUST be turned in within 5 days. It is YOUR responsibility to set up a time to take a missed test.
*IF YOU SKIP CLASS YOU WILL BE WRITTEN UP AND RECEIVE A ZERO. ANY WORK FROM THAT DAY CANNOT BE MADE UP FOR CREDIT.
***All school rules will be followed in this class, according the guidelines in the student handbook***