KPTC Committee Meeting Minutes 14 February 2017

KPTC Committee Meeting Minutes 14 February 2017

minutes

KPTC – Committee Meeting Minutes –14 February 2017

ATTENDEES AND APOLOGIES

Present Jeff Byrne, Elizabeth Byrne,Steve Close, Peter Budd,Gayle Powell, Don Simpson, Jan Christie,

Apologies: Ben Liu,Warren Booth, Debra Fairy

PREVIOUS MINUTES

Minutes of the previous meeting- held on 13December 2016 at 7.30 pm were approved

ACTION ITEMS

New action itemsarising from this meeting (see details in the matters considered):

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````~~~~~~~~~~~ / Lead / Due Date
1.Court upgrades: It was decided to take a detailed proposal to the AGM. Jeff to lead a group to formulate the costings and options. JB SC J Stute (possible). Report progress at Apr meeting / J Byrne / Apr meeting
  1. Banners:Warrento provide a written report for nextmeeting.
/ W Booth / Mar meeting
  1. Membership registration:–Suggest individual reg only, get Eliz on the list as membership convenor – Peter to follow-up with Jamie. Jeff to email to Tennis Vic. Report at the next meeting
/ Jeff/Peter / Mar meeting
  1. BBQ area- Peter/Jeff to draw up a spec to give to Ern/ Ray for completion. Committee members and other members to assist with construction. Report at the next meeting
/ Jeff/Peter / Mar meeting
  1. Sunshades – possible concreted in umbrella holder. Don to put posts in and report at the next meeting
/ Don / Mar meeting
  1. Social tennis day
It was decided to hold another social tennis day on Sunday 2 April. Possibly start the club champs. Doubles round robin, Leader newspaper ad. Dylan Peter Deb Jeff to organise. Peter/Dylan to report at the next meeting. / Peter/Dylan / Mar meeting
  1. Junior committee progress
This topic was delayed as Deb was absent. Jeff to approach Deb/ Mark Walsh. Report at the next meeting / Jeff / Mar meeting

Action items completed:

Advertising in the newspaper was considered too expensive

Action items still to be completed (carried over):

  1. Membership registration with Tennis Vic – – Suggest individual reg only, get Eliz on the list as membership convenor – Peter to follow-up with Jamie. Jeff to email to Tennis Vic.
  2. Sunshades possible concreted in umbrella holder. Don to put posts in and report at the next meeting.
  3. BBQ area Peter/Jeff to draw up a spec to give to Ern/ Ray for completion. Committee members and other members to assist. Report at the next meeting

MATTERS CONSIDERED

  1. Capital expenditure

Peter outlined the current quotes for the fence replacement behind courts 1-5. Atlas Rodek Fencing $15,494. Diamond Fencing $17490.

Discussion took place regarding the pros and cons of replacing 2 courts 8-9 with synthetic.

Pros:

No watering required, attract different type of member. Reputation improvement. Plexi cushion is soft. Suits players who are too lazy to water and bag courts. Can play in wet conditions. Attractive to people who are used to playing on synthetic courts and may encourage new members.

Cons:

$40K per court approx. including base. Potential 11 yr life (for some surfaces) vs 33 yrs for current. It was decided to take a detailed proposal to the AGM. Jeff to lead a group to formulate the costings and options. . JB SC J Stute (possible). Report progress at Apr meeting.

  1. Coaching report

Dylan tabled a coaching report and discussed its highlights.

  1. Advertising Banners: Warren was playing tennis during the meeting soWarren to provide a written report for next meeting.
  2. Social tennis day

It was decided to hold another social tennis day on Sunday 2 April. Possibly start the club champs. Doubles round robin, Leader newspaper ad. Dylan Peter Deb Jeff to organise.

  1. Trivia night

Peter discussed the possibility of another trivia night. Possible dates in August.

  1. Junior committee progress

This topic was delayed as Deb was absent. Jeff to approach Deb/ Mark Walsh.

REPORTS

Treasurer

The December Treasurer’s report was accepted Don to follow-up with Flash Tennis Courts re recent bills.

Membership

238 paid members.

Mid-week ladies

Close to end of season with 3 possible finals teams. Made$500 at the Xmas function.

Juniors.

No report

Pennant:

1 team only this season

ERT Sat/Night tennis:

ERT Sat afternoon teams making good progress.

Don has almost completed the requirements of the night tennis membership of each team.

Mid-week masters comp:

4 teams this season and season has just begun.

CORRESPONDENCE

nil

GENERAL BUSINESS

The club was broken into this week. Door was damaged and will be fixed by Council.

Thanks to Val and Don for responding to the event.

$300 for 4 benches for the table. – approved.

Replace the planks on some of the damaged seats near the courts.

Chinese advertising needs further investigation – next meeting discussion.

Ben to take the lead on membership especially during Don’s absence.

Next Committee Meeting

Next meeting14 Marchat 7:30pm.

Meeting closed at 9:50 pm

Page 1