JOB TITLE: Officiating Coordinator (FT office based until 31st March 2019)
REPORTING TO: Officiating Manager
SALARY:£18,000- £22,000 per annum
Job Summary:Coordinate the deployment of officials to England Netball competitions and events and provide administrative support to the officiating department and national officiating programmes.
Key Tasks: Coordinate the deployment of officials to agreed England Netball competitions and events.
Support the Events team with matters in relation to appointments of international officials to INF events hosted by England Netball, liaising with the INF where applicable.
Coordinate the deployment of officials to national squad training sessions as agreed with the Officiating Manager.
Process officials’ expenses in accordance with England Netball financial processes.
Support the planning of National or International events.
Provide administrative support to the Officiating Manager including meeting coordination/recording and production of officiating correspondence.
Provide administration support to the elite performance umpire programme to ensure effective running and excellent support is offered to officials within the scheme.
Coordinate the running of the National A award assessment process and deployment of workforce to carry out the assessment of officials.
Coordinate the reaccreditation programme for Umpires and ensure individuals are supported and maintain the correct standards to actively umpire.
Maintain national databases for the officiating department and provide reports for the team to review progress.
Coordinate umpire reports ensuring they are escalated to the appropriate department within England Netball.
Work closely with the events team to produce detailed officiating handbooks and guides for National events.
Undertake such duties as may be required from time to time that are consistent with the responsibilities of the post and the needs of England Netball.
Abide by the provisions of the Company’s Equal Opportunities and Equity Policy.
Respect and promote the spirit and intentions of the Company’s Safeguarding and Protecting Young People in Netball Policy.
Act as an ambassador and advocate of England Netball at all times promoting the key organisational messages and always presenting the sport and its people in a positive light.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – written and verbal (E)
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail (E)
- Ability to tailor communications appropriately to the target audience (E)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise own workload (E)
- Ability to remain calm when under pressure and work to strict deadlines (E)
- Ability to develop, implement and maintain systems (E)
- Knowledge of netball and officiating (E)
- Effective project management skills (D)
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent including English and Maths at grade ‘C’ or above (E)
IT Skills / Competent MS Office User, confident using;
- MS Excel (E) (spreadsheet creation, basic formulas, formatting & maintenance)
- MS Word (E) (letter & table creation & formatting)
- MS Outlook (E) (emails, calendar, task list)
- MS PowerPoint (D)
- Competent in the use of online data systems (i.e. CRM, scheduling software) (D)
- Experience in a coordination role (E)
- Experience working with volunteers (E)
- Experience of working remotely from line manager (D)
- Experience of dealing with financial processes (D)
- Experience of organising practical assessments (D)
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work (E)
- A ‘can do’ attitude towards work (E)
- Team player with collaborative and supportive style (E)
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends (E)