St. Patrick’s Parish
39 Walford Rd., Sudbury Ontario P3E 2H2
phone (705)522-3900 / fax (705)522-4150
October 16th, 2017
TO: PARENTS/GUARDIANS OF CATHOLIC CHILDREN IN GRADE THREE
PREPARING FOR SACRAMENTS OF FIRST:
Catholic Children in Grade 3 who associate with St. Patrick’s Parish are invited to continue their faith journey by being introduced to Catholic understandings of:
In preparation for these major events in your child’s faith life, please note the following mandatory gatherings to take place at St. Patrick’s Church:
EVENTS FOR FIRST RECONCILIATION (“CONFESSION”)
- Saturday February 10, 10am-12noon. “MESSY CHURCH” – “come share the Gospel and wear your PJ’s”. A type of “MARDIS GRAS” before the start of LENT only for CHILDREN and PARENTS/GUARDIANS. (Only children in PJ’s please)
- Thursday February 22nd, 7-8:30pm. ADULTS ONLY – Faith Enrichment
- Saturday March 3rd, 9:30-11:30am. Activity Day for Parents and Children
- Tuesday March 20th, 7PM: First Reconciliation Liturgy
EVENTS FOR FIRST EUCHARIST (“COMMUNION”)
- Wednesday April 25th , 4:30-6:30pm: “MESSY CHURCH” for Parents and Children. (Supper Included)
- Saturday May 12th, 9:30-11:30am: Activity Day for Parents and Children
- Thursday May 24th, 7-8:30pm: ADULTS ONLY – Faith Enrichment
- Saturday June 2nd, 4:30pm: First Communion
Sunday June 3rd, 10:00am: First Communion
ALL EVENTS TAKE PLACE AT THE CHURCH
A: FOR PARENTS/GUARDIANS ONLY: FAITH ENRICHMENT SESSIONS:
Anthony (Tony) Chezzi of our parish will lead parents/guardians for the two evenings.
Mr. Chezzi is a retired Principal with the Sudbury Catholic School Board. He holds a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Waterloo, Master’s Degree in Religious Education from the Toronto School of Theology and a Certificate in Pastoral Liturgy from the University of St. Paul, Ottawa. He is trained as Spiritual Director, a Professor of Religious Studies at the University of Sudbury and an Adult Faith Animator for St. Patrick’s Parish, Sudbury. He writes Sunday reflections for Living With Christ published by Novalis. Anthony is a representative of Justice and Faith in Sudbury, and artist (oil painting), and a Past Chair of Liturgy at St. Patrick’s Parish.
B: FOR PARENTS/GUARDIANS AND CHILDREN
- “MESSY CHURCH” is a fun filled activity of learning and rejoicing in Jesus who FORGIVES and FEEDS us. Supper is provided!
- “ACTIVITY DAY” is a 2 hour session helping children and adults reflect in various actives to engage and teach about Jesus who FORGIVES and FEEDS us.
Alison Taylor and Mary Ward of our parish will lead these interactive events. They are mothers who have very creative skills to work with children in sharing our Faith.
A fee of $20 is requested to cover various expenses for resources and materials related to these 8 sessions. This can be given in at the First Parent/Guardian Faith Enrichment Session on Feb 22nd, 18.
ONLY THOSE REGISTERED BY JANUARY19TH, 2018 WILL BE ABLE TO TAKE PART IN THESE EVENTS.
TO OBTAIN REGISTRATION FORM:
- ONLINE: WWW.STPATRICKSCHURCHSUDBURY.COM, REGISTRATION FORMS.
- AT THE PARISH OFFICE: TUES – FRIDAY 9-4PM
- CHURCH ENTRANCES.