JOB DESCRIPTION/CANDIDATE SPECIFICATION / Receptionist/Secretary
DEPARTMENT / School Office
CONTRACT / HOURS / 36 hrs per week, 40 weeks per annum -
RESPONSIBLE TO / Headteacher
FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITES / None
To act as Receptionist/Secretaryin the school office, by providing support for a range of office functions.PRINCIPAL DUTIES:
- Providing reception and telephone support to the school.
- Providing clerical support to the school’s Headteacher and staff.
Main duties and responsibilities are indicated here.Other duties of an appropriate level and nature will also be required.
a)Providing reception and telephone support to the school, including:
- Receiving, signing in and dealing with or directing pupils, parents and other school visitors as appropriate
- Operating the school’s telephone system, transferring calls, taking and delivering messages as appropriate.
b)Providing clerical support to the school’s Headteacher & staff including:
- Receiving and sorting incoming mail for delivery to appropriate staff
- Recording, stamping/franking and posting outgoing mail
- Typing letters and other documents as when required
- Assisting with the production of the school newsletter
- Child protection:
- To have due regard for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of childrenand young people and to follow the child protection procedures adopted.
- Adhere to health and safety requirements and initiatives as appropriate
- At all times operating within the school’s Equal Opportunities framework
- Commitment and contribution to improving standards for pupils within the
school as appropriate
- Being aware of responsibilities under the Data Protection Act for the security, accuracy and relevance of information held and maintained
ATTRIBUTES / ESSENTIAL / DESIRABLE
Qualifications / Excellent numeracy and English language
Experience / Experience of receptionist duties. / Experience of secretarial/administrative duties, ideally in a school.
Knowledge / An excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. / Knowledge of working with pupil databases
Skills & Ability / Ability to work to agreed targets and ad hoc tasks.
Excellent telephone manner.
Excellent grammar, punctuation and communicationskills.
Ability to produce high quality letters.
Ability to work as an effective team member in a busy office environment. / Knowledge of SIMS
This job description/candidate specification is subject to periodic review.
Any offer of employment with the school is subject to two satisfactory references, medical clearance, an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS), evidence of eligibility to work in the UK and evidence of qualifications where necessary. All of the above checks must have been completed before the start of employment.Employee Signature:………………………………………………………………