SIUE-ITU Dual-Diploma Program in Industrial Engineering
SIUE Tuition Assistance Scholarship
Please return this application form to:
Dr. Alp Ustundag,
Istanbul Teknik Universitesi, Isletme Fakultesi, Endustri Muh. Bolumu, 34367 Macka Istanbul TURKEY
Application Deadline: Friday, July 17, 2015
SIUE Student-ID number: ____ High School Graduated/City:______
ITU Cumulative GPA: _____/ 4.0SIUE Cumulative GPA: / 4.0
Number of Hours Completed at ITU: Number of Hours Completed at SIUE:
City: State: Zip:
Permanent Home Address:
City: Country: Postal Code: ______
Telephone: Email Address:
Please explain any academic awards, recognitions, scholarships etc. you may have (attach supporting documents as necessary): ______
Please explain your extracurricular qualifications (attach proper documents as necessary): ______
Please read the below section carefully and sign to be eligible for the SIUE Tuition Assistance Award
I grant the SIUE and ITU dual-diploma program coordinators permission to review my transcripts and records to determine my academic standing and qualifications.
SIUE Tuition Assistance Scholarship Program
for Istanbul Technical University Dual Diploma Students
This form designates the stipulations concerning the disposition of the SIUE Tuition Scholarship Program for Istanbul Technical University (ITU) Dual Diploma Program (DDP) Students as authorized by the Office of the Provost, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville.
TITLE OF SCHOLARSHIP:SIUE Tuition Assistance Scholarship Program for Istanbul Technical University Dual Diploma Program Students
AUTHORIZING OFFICE:Office of the Provost
OFFICE OF DISPOSITON:Student Financial Aid
MAILING ADDRESS:Campus Box 1804
Edwardsville, IL 62025
- PURPOSE OF PROGRAM: To provide financial assistance to outstanding students enrolled in the SIUE- ITU Dual Diploma Program
- TERMS OF SCHOLARSHIP: Recipients will be chosen by a Committee which will include the DDP coordinators for both ITU and SIUE and the School of Engineering Dean or a designee of his or her choosing.
Through this scholarship, the SIUE tuition rate will be reduced from the discounted DDP tuition rate of approximately 1.8 times the in-state tuition rate to 1.2 times the in-state tuition rate for the award recipients. Criteria for selection and implementation include:
- A maximum of three sophomores and three seniors in the DDP in Industrial Engineering will be awarded this scholarship each academic year.
- All students with a cumulative GPA of 3.25 and above are eligible to apply.
- Awards, recognitions, and participation in extracurricular activities is also taken into consideration in the selection process.
- The sophomore level scholarships will be awarded based on student’s cumulative GPA in their freshman year at ITU along with participation in extracurricular activities.
- The senior level scholarships will be awarded based on student’s overall cumulative GPA at SIUE and ITU. A combined GPA of 3.25 or above at the start of their senior year at SIUE is required to apply. The number of credit hours successfully completed will also be taken into account in awarding the scholarships.
- For continuing SIUE tuition benefits, the scholarship recipient’s overall cumulative GPA cannot be lower than 3.25 in ITU or SIUE.
**The number of recipients and exact amount of the award(s) will be determined by fund availability and authorization by the SIUE Provost’s Office in consultation with the DDP Scholarship Program Committee.