Set up the L2TP VPN connection on Windows 10
Step 1. Edit L2TP Network Settings
Click on the Network icon (tray icon) and then click on the Network Settings link.
Click on VPN.
Step 2. Add an L2TP VPN connection
Click on + Add a VPN Connection.
Step 3. Input L2TP connection name
Input the following:
- Choose a Connection name: ex: ibVPN L2TP
- Input the Server Address, you can check servers here.
- VPN Type: Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP).
- Choose Username and password for Type of sign-in info.
- Input your username and VPN password. Check your information here.
- Click Save.
Step 4. Change the adapter options
Click on Change adapter options.
Step 5. Select VPN adapter's Properties
Right click on the newly added VPN adapter and click on Properties.
Click on the Security tab.
Under Data ecryption:
- Choose Require encryption.
Click on Advanced settings.
Step 6. Use pre-shared key for authentication
Select Use pre-shared key for authentication:
- Input key: ibVPNsharedPSK!
- Case sensitive and "!" required
- Click OK.
Check Allow these protocols:
- Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol
- Microsoft CHAP Version 2
- Click OK.
Step 7. Select the L2TP VPN adapter
In Network and Internet select the L2TP adapter (previously created) and click on Connect. You are now Connected!
Step 8. Once connected, verify your IP
Check your IP on xmyip.com, make sure you are connected.
ibVPN L2TP support on Windows 10
If you have any problems connecting to the L2TP ibVPN service using Windows 10, please open a support ticket here