RICK GRAEBER Page 2
Rick Graeber, MBA, PMP
4531 N. O’Connor Rd. #1204, Irving, TX 75062
Phone: (214) 417-7805
Work: (972) 870-3956
Senior-level Project Manager with expertise in utilizing information technology and software to deliver on-time solutions to enhance every facet of business operations. Excellent management and leadership skills with more than 15 years business experience. Highly motivated, a good communicator, and a proven achiever both as an entrepreneur and as a member of a project team.
Sumisho Computer Systems, Irving, TX (1995-Present)
Consultant/ERP Systems Project Management
· The past 12 years with Sumisho Computer Systems included involvement in numerous integration/implementation projects and support of ERP systems by various software manufacturers (QAD, SYMIX/MAPICS, ORACLE) and technical environments (Client/Server, .ASP, .NET).
· Managed the full Software Development Life Cycle using a basic Waterfall methodology that included request gathering, business case/ROI analysis as necessary, planning, discovery, requirements gathering, design, coding, testing, implementation, and post-deployment logistics.
· Built effective partnerships with stakeholders aligning goals and priorities, defined business cases, executed projects successfully, and tracked critical metrics to measure performance. Conducted status meetings with stakeholders and published timely and relevant status reports.
· Developed a proposal that included the current business processes to merge two subsidiaries onto the same technology platform. After the approval of the project, managed the training of personnel, the assignment of resources to the project, and the conversion and load of data from an IBM AS/400 environment to an ERP system based on a Hewlett-Packard server. The project was completed within three months to finalize the merge of business operations and re-engineering of the business processes. Four satellite locations became two locations that saved the parent company more than 500K in annual expenses while streamlining operations.
· Managed projects that used Crystal Reports, Business Objects, SQL, and FOCUS reporting and query tools for Oracle and other database management systems.
· Supplied quality technology solutions to ensure the availability of the best tools for the business to operate and compete successfully.
· Communicated with all levels of management within the organization along with vendors and customers when necessary.
· Highly involved with Deloitte & Touche LLP in documenting business processes and IT interfaces for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance. Problem processes were re-engineered to satisfy SOX requirements and visibility.
· Projects included the following:
ü Sales from point of sale (POS) through management reporting.
ü Purchasing with included EDI and MRP interfaces.
ü Product design and configuration that included Bill of Materials creation and management with Engineering Change Notices.
ü Manufacturing processes for build to stock, build to order, and customization.
ü Marketing functions to manage special promotions, co-op programs, and rebates (Customer Rewards).
ü Financial Systems inclusive of AR, AP, GL, and budgeting.
ü Inventory Control, Management, and costing.
ü Vendor Managed Inventory functions to adapt product distribution to “just in time” inventory levels at customer sites.
ü Internet based Service and Repair initiatives designed to track product repairs and manage product warranty.
DeVry University, Irving, TX (2000-2003)
Adjunct Professor – Microsoft Office Products/Visual Basic
· Taught computer related courses to new students: MS Office, Internet, Computer Basics, Advanced MS Excel, MS ACCESS, MS VISUAL BASIC.
Analysts International Corporation, Consultant, Irving, TX (1994-1995)
· Sub-contracted to Sumisho Computer Systems at NEC America prior to being hired by SCS.
Sunpetals/Sunburst Farms, Miami, FL (1993-1994)
· Managed the implementation of bar-coding applications within the organization to obtain actual work order cost to control and track inventory that resulted in a 22% savings to the company.
· Assisted in the development of an Oracle based Sales Order System that included inventory availability and sales forecast.
· Worked closely with Oracle consultants to install Oracle Financials and integrate an in-house Oracle application for Sales and Inventory Management.
R Graeber Co., Miami, FL (1991-1993)
· Owned and operated RGraeber Co. that provided services to include system integration, software development, training, and project management for ERP Systems.
The Miami Herald, Miami, FL (1989-1991)
Project Manager/Systems Analyst
· Managed projects using the Andersen Consulting Method/1 methodology along with the Design/1 tool for systems analysis.
· Conducted feasibility studies and assisted in determining future hardware and software requirements.
· Submitted Requests For Quotes to software and hardware vendors.
· Managed the application design and development for an Executive Information System for the Circulation Department.
Burger King corporation, Miami, FL (1987-1989)
Supervisor Business Systems Production Support
· Supervised the Business Systems Production Support team for software development and system support.
· Supported Financial Systems that included Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, and customized functions for Restaurant Profit Analysis Reporting.
· Trained in the use of Andersen Consulting Method/1 methodology to plan and manage projects within the bounds of the Software Development Life Cycle and production support.
RICK GRAEBER Page 3
Business Process Flow
Disaster Recovery Planning
Project Management Leadership
Rapid System Development
RICK GRAEBER Page 3
RICK GRAEBER Page 3
MBA, University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL
BS Computer Sciences, Florida International University, Miami, FL
PMP Exam Review, PMI Dallas Chapter, Dallas, TX
PMP Exam Review, University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, TX
affiliations & certifications
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification by Project Management Institute
Project Management Institute Member; PMI Dallas Chapter
The March of Dimes regional Office, Dallas, TX (2000-present)
· Provide gratis technical consultation services to the March of Dimes Regional Office in Dallas, Texas.