ADDENDUM NO. 1
November 28, 2017
PROJECT:CITY OF COLEMAN, TEXAS
WASTEWATER TREATMENT AERATOR REPLACEMENT
BID DATE:December 1, 2017
The following changes and/or additions shall be made to the Plans, Specifications and Contract Documents for the above referenced project. Bidder shall acknowledge receipt of this Addendum by signing below and returning this Addendum with the Bid.
- As part of the lump sum bid, the contractor shall furnish and install two complete bridges with step down access for two of the aerators, and two (2) step down access bridges for connecting to the existing concrete walkway bridge. The bridges shall comply with the following specification.
The anchoring system shall secure the main frame of the aerator in the desired position and limit its lateral movement potential. It shall not restrict the unit’s flotation and shall allow for continuous aerator operation with fluctuations in water surface elevation required by the specific application. The anchoring system shall be supplied in accordance with the engineer’s specifications. There anchoring systems applied to this installation will be cable mounted with 8’ rigid extensions.
1.1 BRIDGE MOUNT ACCESS SYSTEMS
- The access system shall provide for safe convenient access to the units for the performance of scheduled maintenance inspections and simple maintenance tasks.
- The access systems will consist of side entrance walk ways constructed of grip strut. Each access system will have step down locations centered on the drive and non-drive end float of each aerator. The operator shall be able to step down on a grip strut mounted walkway then to the aerator floatation tank. Each floatation tank will also have a grip strut walkway and handrail for safe & easy access to the aerator.
- The bridge mount access system will be constructed with grip strut for the walkway, 4” to 6” channel for frame, 1-1/2” pipe for handrails, and formed reinforcing angles and channels.
- The bridge mount access systems shall be powder coated.
- Each rotor will also have Vertical Hand Holds on each end of the rotor for stabilized on and off movement to and from the unit.
- These access systems will allow personnel to easily pull the unit to the bridge or walkway, stabilize it and safely step onto the unit when routine maintenance inspections are required.
JACOB & MARTIN, LLC
3465 Curry Lane
Abilene, Texas 79606