Practicum of Health Science – Certified Nurse Aide
Instructor: Robin Gosdin
School phone: 817 202-1271
Conference time: 2:45 – 3:30
Tutorials: by appointment
Course Objective and/or Description: Practicum of Health Science – Certified Nurse Aide is an occupational specific course designed to provide knowledge and skills for certification as a nursing assistant. This course is designed to meet all the requirements outlined by the Texas Department of Health Long Term Care Regulatory Agency. At the end of the course, students will be expected to take the State Administered to become certified as a Nurse Assistant.
Text, Readings, Materials: Text - Hartman’s Nursing Assistant Care Long Term Care- 3rd edition.Documentation of original Social Security Care and an official State ID. Criminal History Background Check. Proof of current up to date immunizations to include an influenza vaccine dated on or after June 15, 2016. A TB Skin Test within the past three months. Students are required to purchase uniforms for clinicals which will include three pairs of scrubs and a T-Shirt.
The guidelines for grading and make-up work can be found here: CISD Grading Policy
Academic Dishonesty: Plagiarism and academic dishonesty are serious offenses. The academic work of a student is expected to be his/her own effort. Students must give the author(s) credit for any source material used. To represent ideas or interpretations taken from a source without giving credit is a flagrant act. To present a borrowed passage after having changed a few works, even if the source is cited, is also plagiarism. Students who commit any act of academic dishonesty may receive a failing grade in that portion of the course work. Acts of academic dishonesty will be reported to the administration.
- Classroom expectations/rules/social contract
- Texas Department of Health – Criminal History – parent signature required, must be returned the first week of school.
- Texas Department of Health – Nurse Aide Registry Information- parent signature required, must be returned the first week of school.
- Confidentiality Statement - parent signature required, must be returned the first week of school.
- Medical Release -parent signature required, must be returned the first week of school.
- TB Skin Test Form -parent signature required, must be returned the first week of school.
- Health and Wellness - parent signature required, must be returned the first week of school.
- Students are required to complete 60 classroom hours and 40 clinical hours before taking the State Exam.
- Clinical Days at the Long Term Facility cannot be made up.
- Three pairs of scrubs are required and will be purchased as a group from Scrubs, N More, Cleburne, Texas. Closed toed, hard soles tennis shoes are required for clinicals.