Job Title:Spares Trade Counter Manager
Reporting to:Branch Manager, Plumbase Ops Manager
To hit and exceed Spares sales and margin targets by actively targeting existing and potential spares customers and by providing our customers with a knowledgeable, friendly and dependable service.To maximise the contribution to the branch through profitable sales and control of overhead expenses, in line with business plans and overall company policy and strategy. To meet and exceed our customers’ expectations in terms of the efficiency of the service we provide.
- Developing the business plan to actively increase sales opportunities for new, lapsed and existing customers.
- Effectively increasing profitable sales opportunities through correct product mix and merchandising in-line with company policy.
- Analysing the trading report to establish current activity and communicating the outcome to the team.
- Communicating and negotiating with customers to secure the most profitable quotes and on-going business.
- Processing new account application forms and setting up terms for customers.
- Cultivating positive internal and external customer relationships.
- Continually updating knowledge of competitor’s activities.
- Build effective working relationships with customers, in order to understand their requirements thus ensuring that the correct products are supplied.
- Use initiative to identify sales opportunities and offer advice and solutions to customers, thus maximising profitable sales and margin.
- Maintain a clean and effectively merchandised counter area in line with company policy.
- Ensure that the spares warehouse area is kept tidy at all times, that stock is clearly identifiable and located
- Ensure that company policies are followed at all times when producing paperwork associated with sales.
- Liaise with suppliers where necessary.
- Support the Branch Manager and colleagues in working as a team to ensure the branch operates efficiently and effectively within company policy.
- Ensure a tidy working environment at all times in line with health and safety guidelines.
- Actively safeguard against theft of company goods or property by being security conscious at all times.
- Perform any other duties as may be deemed necessary or as may be required by the company.
- Plumbase Spares Operations Manager
- Branch Manager
- Other employees
Measurements Of Success:
- A strong contribution to branch sales and margin. Meeting and exceeding branch bonus targets.
- Able to demonstrate excellent and up-to-date product knowledge.
- Administration and paperwork is kept accurate and up to date.
Other Important information
- Must be prepared to fully support the Branch at the twice yearly stock-take.
- Should be willing to be flexible in duties undertaken e.g. relief warehouse/driver duties as and when required.