December/ January Book Project
Hi everyone, first I would like to thank all who completed the October book project. The students did a really great job of presenting their mystery novels to the rest of the class, and the family members who were able to join. Hopefully this will continue to be a great way for them to share literature with each other, and become exposed to new genres.
Our next book project is not going to be due until January. I am doing this because I know this time of year is busy with vacations and spending time with family. I will continue to help them find a book that is appropriate from the library. If they have one at home that they would like to read that is ok as well.
For this book project the students will be reading a genre of their choice. When they have completed the book they will be required create a comic strip, that reflects what they feel are important parts of the book.
- Use the blank pages provided to construct the cartoon. You will find two pages of four pictures on each. The minimum requirement is 2 pages or 8 pictures anything more than that is surely welcome and additional credit may be rewarded.
- Use the squares to draw your cartoon of the one or two parts of the book that you enjoyed the most. (Remember try not to give away the ending if possible, we want others to read the book)
- Use the small boxes underneath the picture box to write a brief statement about what is happening in the image, or background information.
- You need to include the title and author some place on your comic.
- Draw and color to the best of your ability. *Students will not be graded on artistic ability; however if there is minimal effort then their grade will reflect this.
- You will need to fill out a brief book recommendation, so that others can view this as they look at your comic strip.
- Did you like the book? Why or why not?
- Do you recommend this book to someone else? Why or why not?
- On a scale from 1 to 5 (5 being the best) rate the book.
Students will be graded on the above criteria. They will share these with the rest of the class on Friday, January 24, 2014. Have fun with this!!!
- Did you like the book? Why or why not? ______
- Do you recommend this book to someone else? Why or why not? ______
- On a scale of 1 to 5, 5 being the best, what would you rate the book as?