DETAILED TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION OF EXCHANGER COMPONENTS FOR 32-E-1 B AT – FRE FOR FRE REVAMP
NOTE: DEVIATIONS IF ANY, SHALL BE MADE ONLY WITH RESPECT TO THE FOLLOWING SPECIFICATIONS AND BIDDER SHALL CLEARLY HIGHLIGHT THE SAME BY INDICATING APPROPRIATE CLAUSE NOS. NO OTHER CONSIDERATIONS / ELABORATIONS SHALL BE ENTERTAINED.
1.0BRIEF SCOPE OF SUPPLY & WORK
1.1This specification covers following for the exchanger components of 32-E-1 B ( E-1115 B old no.)
Supply of components/exchanger as per attached drawings , obtaining approval of design, development & approval of fabrication drawings, fabrication, inspection, testing, Cleaning, painting, Guarantee, packing and forwarding along with spares and Documentation, as applicable duly complete in all respects and ready to install and use.
1.2Preparation for shipment, transportation of the equipment at Fuels Refinery in HPCL, Mumbai Refinery. Vendor to bring necessary lifting items like winches, hoists, slings including Manpower for unloading the equipment at HPCL Mumbai Refinery. Crane will be provided by HPCL.
1.3Under FRE Revamp project, due to revised design conditions, exchanger/exchanger components have been modified. Vendor has to supply exchanger/exchanger components considering changes as given in respective exchanger documents. Vendor to obtain necessary approval on drawings of these exchanger/exchanger components from HPCL.
1.4No free issue material will be given to vendor in any case except ¾” Titanium tubes . All the other materials required ( including tube sheets etc ) will be in vendors scope.
1.5Vendor to supply exchanger components ( except monel cladded shell ) for 1 nos identical exchanger in all respect . As shell is available with HPCL, we are not procuring shell ,otherwise vendor to supply everything .
1.6Vendor to supply exchanger components with in 4 months from the date of PO placement as we have planned shutdown in MARCH 2010 .
1.7 Fabrication & Supply of Exchanger/Exchanger Components for FRE Unit.
Please arrange to provide necessary services like Manpower, Tools & Tackles, Materials (both Consumables & non-Consumables), Equipment, Transportation, Supervision, etc. for fabrication and supply of Exchanger and Exchanger Components for FRE, within the stipulated Delivery Period and as per the details given below.
Vendor to keep dimensions as per attached reference drawings however , If thickness required as per TEMA& Section viii division 1 is more than provided thickness ,thickness as per code to be provided for all the components below.
- Tube Bundle for 32-E-1 B :1 No.
( Titanium tubes welded ASTM B-338 GR 2, 3/4” DIA , 20 BWG , STS & FTS Nickel Aluminium Branze SB-171,uns no. C 63000 )
Supply of tube bundle assembly for 32-E-1 B :1 No as per Attachments 1 & DRAWINGS enclosed herewith. As pass is to be revised from 4 to 2 pass ,only one grove is required in STS& No groove is envisaged in FTS. Tubes required is titanium instead of cupronickel. Additional Scope includes obtaining approval of design as per TEMA & Section VIII division 1 , development & approval of fabrication drawings, fabrication, inspection, testing, Cleaning, painting, Guarantee, packing and forwarding along with spares and Documentation, as applicable duly complete in all respects and ready to install and use.
(Tube-Sheets, Tubes, Spacers, Baffle Plates, Support Plate, Impingement Plate, Tie- Rods with Hexagonal Nuts, Sealing Strips, Sliding Strips, Plugs, Pulling Eye Bolts, etc. all duly Drilled/ Machined to finished condition including assembly & welding of the tube bundle)
Pl note that tube bundle to be fabricated as per the existing exchanger drawing except one grove is required in STS & No groove is envisaged in FTS ,as grove is to be revised to suit 2 pass system . and tube metallurgy to be revised from cupro-nickel to titanium
- Channel for 32-E-1 B : 1 No.
( 10 thk 515//516 gr 60/70 +3 monel clad plate)
Supply of Channel for 32-E-1 B as per Attachments 1 & drawings enclosed herewith for E-1115 (old no.) . As pass is to be revised from 4 to 2 pass ,only one partition plate ( SB 127 12 thk ) is required in channel unlike 2 nos in existing channel . Additional Scope includes obtaining approval of design as per TEMA& Section VIII division 1, development & approval of fabrication drawings, fabrication, inspection, testing, Cleaning, painting, Guarantee, packing and forwarding along with spares and Documentation, as applicable duly complete in all respects and ready to install and use.
Pl note that channel to be fabricated ditto as per the existing exchanger drawing except pass partition to be revised to suit 2 pass system as per new tube bundle
- Channel Cover for 32-E-1B : 1 No.
(A-105/ SA266 CL 2 + 3 Thk Monel deposit lining / clad)
Supply of Channel Cover for 32-E-1 B as per Attachments 1, Additional Scope includes ,obtaining approval of design as per TEMA & Section VIII division 1, development & approval of fabrication drawings, fabrication, inspection, testing, Cleaning, painting, Guarantee, packing and forwarding along with spares and Documentation, as applicable duly complete in all respects and ready to install and use.
Pl note that channel cover to be fabricated ditto as per the existing exchanger drawing except grove to be revised to suit 2 pass system as per channel
- FTS Cover with backing ring for 32-E-1 B :1 No.
( FTS COVER -10 thk 515//516 gr 60/70 +3 THK monel clad plate)
( Backing ring - A-105/ SA 266 CL 2 , 32 thk )
Supply of FTS Cover for 32-E-1 B :1 No. Ditto as per drawing except pass partition. No pass partition is required . As pass is to be revised from 4 to 2 pass. , Additional Scope includes Obtaining approval of DESIGN as per TEMA& Section VIII division 1 fabrication drawings, fabrication, inspection, testing, Cleaning, painting, Guarantee, packing and forwarding along with spares and Documentation, as applicable duly complete in all respects and ready to install and use.
- Shell Cover for 32-E-1 B :1 No.
( Shell cover -14 thk 515//516 Gr 60/70)
Supply of Shell Cover for 32-E-1 B :1 No. Ditto as per drawing. Additional Scope includes, obtaining approval of design as per TEMA & Section VIII division 1, development & approval of fabrication drawings, fabrication, inspection, testing, Cleaning, painting, Guarantee, packing and forwarding along with spares and Documentation, as applicable duly complete in all respects and ready to install and use.
2.0 MATERIAL OF CONSTRUCTION:
a) Materials of Construction for the above Components shall be as per the relevant HPCL Drawings specified against the individual Items.
b) For all CS Parts, mentioned in the Drawings as IS-226, shall be used as IS-2062 Gr A/B.
c) In case of non-availability of ASTM A515 Gr 60/70 materials, ASTM A516 Gr 60/70 materials can be used.
d) Instead of ASTM A181 material, Use ASTM A 266 Cl 2 material
e) Instead of ASTM A285 material, use ASTM A 516 Gr 70 material
3.0 SCOPE OF SUPPLY:
a) For HPCL: Nil.
b) For VENDOR: All Materials and Services required for design, fabrication and supply of the Exchanger/Exchanger Components.
4.0 SCOPE OF JOB:
1. All Materials, Tools & Tackles, skilled Labor, expert Supervision, Shop facilities and Transportation, etc. for Delivery of the Exchanger/Exchanger Components to Refinery premises are in Vendor's Scope.
2. It may be noted that the Materials Specifications are to be followed as per the Drawings provided with the Tender Documents.
3. All materials used for fabrication should be accompanied by proper Test Certificates, for Physical & Chemical properties conforming to the given Specifications of Materials. Proper Mill Test Certificates shall be provided for various Items, as per HPCL advice.
4. Obtain approval of HPCL/ HPCL approved Third Party Inspection Agency before using any of the Materials. Vendor shall also arrange to get Tests done to confirm Physical & Chemical properties of Materials used, as per requirement and advice of HPCL.
5. All forgings are to be ultrasonically tested. This will be checked/inspected by ASNT level-II personnel or equivalent. However the procedure & results/acceptance will be certified/endorsed by ASNT level-III personnel or equivalent
6. Fabricate necessary Templates, Jigs, etc. and use for Drilling/Reaming Holes in the TubeSheet Blanks, Support Plate and Baffles simultaneously.
7. Carry out Machining, Drilling, Reaming and making Gasket surfaces as per the Drawings/ASME Section VIII, Div.1/TEMA Class-R Specifications. Serrations (wherever required as per the Drawings) shall be provided on all Gasket surfaces of the Components.
8. Fabrication shall be strictly in accordance with ASME Section VIII, Div.1 and HPCL Drawing/TEMA, Class-R Standard.
9. Arrange and perform various Tests (like Dye Penetrant Test, Radiography, Heat Treatment, etc.) as per the requirements of Fabrication Code and/or as advised by HPCL.
10.Submit As-built Drawings of all the Components supplied, prepared on AUTOCAD Latest Version, in the form of Soft Copy on CD, along with Prints of the same in the Final Folders submitted.
11. After placement of PO submit a detailed plan for procurement and fabrication of the components and and also provide monthly status of the activities up to the time of delivery.
5.0 INSPECTION & TESTING:
1. Co-ordinate with HPCL approved TPI and schedule the stages of Inspection before starting fabrication.
2. Arrange for Third-Party Inspection through any One of the following Inspection Agencies; viz. Lloyds, BVIS, EIL/CEIL, TUV, LRIS, DNV (note that other Inspection Agencies are not acceptable).
3. In order to avail services of the Third-Party Inspection Agency for inspection jobs, quote Third-Party Inspection Charges separately in the Offer.
4. After placement of the Order, obtain prior approval from HPCL, for engaging Third Party for the purpose of Inspection.
5. HPCL shall have access to inspect the job(s) carried under Third-Party Inspection and necessary Documents/ stage-wise Inspection Records of Third-Party Inspection should be submitted to HPCL on demand.
6. In the event of any material or workmanship failure while Inspection, cost of the resulting repairs/ replacement and re-inspection shall be borne by the Vendor.
7. Any omission/failure on the part of Third-Party Inspection to disapprove/reject shall not be construed as an acceptance of any defective work by HPCL. If fabrication defects are detected by HPCL at any later stage, Vendor shall rectify or replace the Items at no extra Cost to HPCL.
8. Submit Quality Assurance Plan (QAP), WPS, PQR and Weld Map to HPCL and obtain required approval before commencing the job.
9. All materials used for fabrication should be accompanied by proper Test Ceritifcates, for Physical & Chemical properties conforming to the given Specifications of Materials. Proper Mill Test Certificates shall be provided for various Items.
10. All Forgings ,plates, dish etc to be Ultrasonically tested will be checked/inspected by ASNT level-II personnel or equivalent . However the procedure & results/acceptance will be certified/endorsed by ASNT level-III personnel or equivalent
11. Obtain Inspection approval from Third Party Inspection Agency before using any of the Materials. Vendor shall also arrange to get Tests done to confirm Physical & Chemical properties of Materials used, as per requirement and advice of HPCL.
12. Tube bundle to be tested as per the procedure with dummy shell .Dummy shell to be handed over to HPCL along with delivery. Test ring to be designed by the vendor. Vendor to obtain approval on Drawings for test rings by HPCL. These test tings to be supplied to HPCL by the vendor at no extra cost along with the exchanger No extra cost will be paid by HPCL for above .
- 2 Set of Gasket to be given free of cost for complete set .No extra payment will be given for this
6.0 FINISHING & TRANSPORTATION:
1. Punch Heat Exchanger Tag No. on the components/tubesheets. Also punch the Assembly Match marks on all the required Components.
2. Protect all Threaded parts, etc. from damage during transportation and loading/unloading.
3. Apply anti-Rust Compound (Linseed Oil) to the TubeSheets, Support Plates, Baffle Plates, Tie Rods, etc. and Neutral Grease on Gasket surfaces of the Components.
4. Tag (aluminium tags only) & Paint the Exchanger Component Name and Equipment Tag no. in Bold White Letters, on the Component externally, for ease in identification.
5. Fork-Lift/Crane, as required for unloading the Components inside Refinery premises will be provided by HPCL. However, the Materials should reach Refinery on any Working Day (Monday to Friday, except any Public Holiday declared in the Refinery), between 8:30AM and 3:00PM. Date of Delivery of the Components should be intimated to HPCL at least 24 Hours in advance, so that availability of Crane/Fork-Lift and necessary arrangements can be made at our end.
6. All external CS surfaces shall be painted with Two Coats of Red Oxide Primer, after thorough Wire Brush cleaning.
7. Take appropriate care to ensure that the Components are not physically damaged during Transportation & Unloading. In case of any damage found, Vendor shall have to rectify the same upto the satisfaction of HPCL Inspection at no extra Cost to HPCL.
7.0 DESIGN & DRAWING APPROVAL
DRAWING REVIEW / APPROVAL: all fabrication drawings are to be reviewed and approved by Third party Inspection. After approval of third party inspection, vendor has to obtain the HPCL's approval for DESIGN & fabrication drawings. HPCL shall have the authority to alter the specifications even after approval of third party’s approval. Fabricator should stand guarantee for design of the exchanger. All As-built tracings & prints shall be duly signed by Third party inspection.
Vendor to maintain minimum thickness as per as per attached reference drawings provided along with enquiry. however , If thickness required as per TEMA& Section viii division 1 is more than provided thickness , then thickness as per code /standard to be provided for all the components .
In case of equipment requiring inspection by an independent authority like Lloyds, the supplier shall obtain the necessary approval after getting the preliminary approval from HPCL
HPCL’s review of drawings shall not relieve the Vendor of his responsibilities in any manner.
The supplier shall not proceed with the fabrication of the equipment unless the design and drawings are approved by HPCL/Inspection Authority.
In general, no deviations from HPCL standards and specifications shall be permitted. This does not preclude possible innovations or improvements on the part of the supplier based on available facilities. Such deviations must be clearly points out as a separate paragraph entitled “DEVIATIONS” in the supplier’s bid, so as to avoid any confusion and ambiguity and to facilitate analysis of quotation in minimum possible time. It shall be taken for granted that except for the deviations pointed out under the “DEVIATIONS” paragraph, all other technical requirements shall be adhered to, by the supplier No deviations shall be incorporated, unless it has been approved in writing by HPCL. It is in supplier’s own interest to get the written approval of HPCL for all deviations before accepting the Purchase Order. No deviations shall be entertained or approved after the Order has been accepted by the Supplier. Delay in supply of the deliverables, on account of such deviations being not entertained or approved by HPCL shall be contractor’s liability.
In case there are no deviations required by the supplier, quotation under the “DEVIATIONS” paragraph shall read as “EQUIPMENT SHALL BE SUPPLIED AS PER HPCL’S SPECIFICATIONS, CODES ETC., IN ALL RESPECTS” It shall be presumed that supplier has understood very clearly the job requirements and shall fully comply with them.
9.0 INSPECTION CHECK-LIST - STAGES OF INSPECTION (QAP to be made in line as applicable and as per advise of HPCL):
a) Identification of Materials, i.e. Plates and other bought-out Items used/supplied by the Vendor.
b) Inspection of Forgings, correlating with Test Certificates and witnessing Ultrasonic Flaw Detection Test (at HPCL's discretion). All Forgings should meet the Ultrasonic Flaw Detection requirements as per ASME Section-VIII, Div.2
c) Circumferential Seam set-up (with acceptance of Dimension): Releasing for Welding with Dimensional Check
d) Back Chipping and DP
f) Witnessing of Back Chipping/DP Test
g) Final Radiography
h) Final Dimensional Checks
i) Stress Relieving/ Normalizing for Dish/Ring Forging; Review of Heat Treatment Charts
j) Template Inspection and approval prior to commencement of Drilling
k) All Drillings to be as per TEMA; Hole Sizes shall be checked by GO, NO-GO Gauges as per TEMA Close-fit tolerances, unless mentioned otherwise in the Drawing/PO
l) Measurement and Recording Dimension of Ligaments, as per TEMA requirements, unless mentioned otherwise in the Drawing/PO
m) Tube Hole Grooves to be checked, using proper Tools
n) OD measurements of Tube Sheets, Support Plates, Baffle Plates, etc. to be checked/offered with Calipers
o) Inspection of Support Plates and Baffle Plates, etc. shall be done in Stacked condition, along with FTS/STS by inserting the Tube Sections
10.0 GENERAL INSTRUCTION :
1. All stages of Inspection to be discussed with HPCL before commencement of jobs.
2. All Plates ordered as per ASTM A515 Gr 60 or better shall be used in Normalized condition.
3. Plates above 16mm thick shall be Ultrasonically checked as per ASTM A578.
4. For final Dimensional checks, all Tools, facilities, etc. to be provided by Vendor for accurate checking.
5. All Welding procedures and Welders shall be qualified as per HPCL requirements.
6. All Single sided Joints shall be done by TIG Welding method.
7. Welding Electrodes/Filler Wires should only be used from the following HPCL approved Manufacturers; namely
(a) Advani Oerlikon, (b) D&H Secheron, (c) Esab, (d) Fusion Engineering and (e) Honavar Electrodes (approved for E6013, E7018 & E7018-1 Electrodes only).
8. All fabrication shall be as per relevant ASME or TEMA Standards, unless any deviation from the same are specifically mentioned.
9. Simulated Test Coupons/Plate Testing shall be carried out for Forging under identical condition of Forging and Heat Treatment.
10.Use of Red Oxide Primer shall be of any of the following HPCL approved Paint Manufacturers only: (a) Asian Paints, (b) Berger Paints, (c) Shalimar Paints, (d) Bombay Paints, (e) Jenson & Nicholson, (f) Akzo Nobel, (g) Sigma Marine, (h) Goodlass Nerolac, (i) Grand Polycoat, (j) CDC Carboline and (k) Coromondal Paints.
11.While inside the Refinery, Vendor shall follow all the prevailing Safety rules and regulations.
12.In case of any controversy, HPCL's decision shall be final and binding.
13.For carrying out the jobs, any additional minor jobs required shall be carried out by the Vendor at no extra Cost to HPCL.
11.0 DOSSIER INDEX (as applicable):
Sl. No. Document Description Certificate No. Page No.
1. Inspection Release Note from HPCL/Third-Party Inspection Agency
2. Certificate of Workmanship/Guarantee Certificate