Central Office – Office Support ReceptionistJob Purpose
Contributing to the development of Changing Lives to become an outstanding organisation which integrates socially excluded people back into society and improves their lives.
To provide support to Central Office staff, ensuring that all administrative tasks and office operations are achieved to professional standards.
Ensuring Changing Lives reception and phones are covered at all times.
Promptly answering incoming telephone and e-mail communications, screening and forwarding communications, ensuring messages are passed on to relevant colleagues.
Providing an appropriate welcome for any visitors to Central Office, ensuring that the visitors record is adhered to.
Promptly sort and distribute post for Central Office staff and forward any post to the projects as required. Ensuring outgoing post is correctly franked and any post requiring special delivery is appropriately issued.
Providing general administrative support such as, typing, filing, scanning, photocopying and minute taking, following administrative guidelines.
Maintaining photo records of all staff and issue of staff and volunteer badges.
Ensuring contact lists for all internal projects are kept up to date and are circulated regularly.
Maintaining correct levels of stationary and office supplies, identifying improvements or potential savings, ordering stock when necessary.
Arranging requested travel and accommodation for staff, following correct guidelines.
Ensuring the kitchen areas/meeting rooms/copying areas are appropriately tidy and the necessary supplies are regularly replenished.
To carry out housekeeping inductions for any new staff, volunteers or work placements within central office.
To carry out regular housekeeping checks to ensure standards are being maintained and any issues are reported to the relevant person.
To carry out any other reasonable requests.
Person Specification –Office Support ReceptionistCriteria /
EssentialRequirements necessary for safe and effective performance in the job /
DesirableWhere available, elements that contribute to improved / immediate performance in the job
- GCSE grade C or above in Mathematic and English or equivalent qualification
- NVQ level 2 in Business Administration or equivalent qualification
- CLAIT IT certificate or equivalent qualification
- NVQ level 3 in Business Administration or equivalent qualification [if not currently held, training will be provided]
- Experience of working in a busy office environment
- Ability to work in an environment that requires confidentiality
- Ability to work in an environment that is health and safety conscience
- Ability to work to set administrative guidelines
- Capable of working effectively as part of a team
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities /
- Experience in use of Microsoft Office packages
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of delivering good customer service
- Good organisational skills
- Experience of minute taking
Personal Attributes /
- Commitment to the values of Changing Lives
- Commitment to equality and diversity
- Commitment to detail, ensuring all work is accurate, concise and understandable
- Willing to work in cooperation
- Willing to work flexibly
- Full driving licence
Central Office – Office SupportReceptionist v106 December 2018