Dear Antler Fans,
It is hard to believe we are wrapping up the first six weeks of school. Our students and staff have been diligently working to take steps forward each day. And while this first six weeks marking period has presented us with challenges on campus, it has also given us many reasons to celebrate our successes. Here are just a few things we have accomplished in our weeks together:
- Students have conquered the hallways navigating to and from classes each day. Teachers have greeted them with smiles, tasks, and encouragement. Our preparation for success and growth on STAAR testing, AP testing, SAT/ACT tests started day 1 and will go strong all year.
- Student-athletes have competed in football, volleyball, cross country, and tennis. Tivy has been well-represented by athletes who have been sweating since early August.
- Our Tivy Band, Golden Girls, Sapphires, Cheerleaders, and Choir have had many opportunities to shine in performances at pep rallies, football games, and a recent band competition sweepstakes.
- Our clubs and organizations have already organized a variety of community service projects. Our service focus for the month of September was Hurricane Harvey Relief. This focus will carry into the month of October as well.
- PALS collected over $1000 for San Antonio Foodbank.
- NHS donated over 80 boxes of cereal to a local foodbank.
- Interact club collected money for the Houston Foodbank.
- Student Council is selling Homecoming shirts to support Port Aransas ISD.
- ROTC and NHS have teamed up to collect clothes for victims of the hurricanes.
- We have had many teachers and students offer support through building projects, clean-up efforts, and supplies.
- Health Occupation Students (HOSA) is hosting a blood drive on campus October 12th.
- We recently named Students of the Marking Period for each grade level, Teacher of the Marking Period, and Support Staff of the Marking Period. We will continue to seek opportunities to congratulate students and staff on jobs well done.
- The counseling office has college visits lined up for students along with information on scholarship opportunities as they become available. Students interested in the military have taken the ASVAB test. The PSAT will be taken by all sophomores on October 11th. Juniors wanting to take the PSAT again have signed up for the test. The counseling office is a valuable resource for questions regarding classes, college/career readiness, job opportunities, student and parent support. Please take advantage of their knowledge and expertise.
As I have told the students many times over the last several weeks, their presence on our campus makes them Antlers for life. Our wish is to provide students with opportunities to discover their own greatness and place in this world and our staff wants to see them each succeed. We also recognize and seize those teachable moments that allow us all to learn from our experiences and continue to live the Tivy Fight Never Dies spirt.
Thank you for your continued support of Tivy High School and Kerrville ISD. We cherish the opportunity to educate and care for your students. Please know that our door is always open and we are here to help. Visit our website at or download the Kerrville ISD APP for up-to-date information.
Tivy High School