59 SECONDS VIDEO FESTIVAL (Galaxie)
1. The stuntmen Carine Doerflinger (Germany) 2004 An incident in Paris.
2. 59 in Time Antonio Della Marina (Italy) 59 divisions of coloured time. Will something happen out of the blue?
3. 59 languages Petri Ala-Maunus (Finland) 59 languages in 59 seconds.
4. Blind Spots Jenny Vogel (USA) 2005
A close-up of an eye with the reflection of a TV that replaces the pupil as the eye is scanning the images.
5. Me to tango Lucia Warck Meister (Argentina /USA) 2005
A mirrored image of a woman dancing in front of a window depicts her loneliness.
6. Rainstorm Akiko and Masako Takada (UK) A rainy urban city changing to a rainstorm. A tragic sense of narrative in the vanishing city, and yet the scene is at the end contained within a fictional space of a small glass.
7. hey, sweetheart Craig Downing (USA) 2005 Two people [Tim Brown and Ryan Davis] rebel against their parents' wishes.
8. Pirts Franz Wanner (Germany) 2000 Occurrence in the summer in the fields.
9. If you don’t call me back… Alain K (France) 2004 camera: Sophie Pigeron
“Each separation related to our emotional life sends us back to separations which we experienced in our early childhood starting from separating from the mother’s breast.” Necessary Renunciations by Judith Viorst .
10. Beauty No. 4 Victor Barbieri (USA) Beauty No. 4 begs for the suspension of disbelief balancing precariously between, seduction and illusion.
11. 59seconds for…love Serena Calò (Italy) 2006 Ti amo. 5 letters, 9 ways.
12. LIX Dubi Kaufmann (USA) LIX is 59 in Roman numerals and it all started from there…
13. Bah Bah Are Hauffen (Norway) 2005 With an imbecile attitude towards life in rural areas, the sheep came to equal a something
with four legs from a child's play in the garden.
14. Rituali Urbane Masimo Lovisco (Italy)
Inspiration from asphalt football field where somebody wrote 59 Potenza Calcio.
15. Weather and Traffic Project 59 (USA) 2006
16. . Borderpass BridA (Slovenija) 2004 The border crossing is ever present deep within us and becomes a metaphor for all our border crossings, which were crossed and ever will be crossed by us.
17. 59 Random Russian Words Igor Baskin (Russia) 2007 Russian language learning ‘Express method
18. A Finger Orchestra Jinho Im (USA) 2006 In a insipid daily life we usually hit fingers on things daily.
19. Gold Words for You
Ricardo Morales Hernández (Puerto Rico) 2006
In daily living, we need words of wisdom.
20. 59 Worms Carine Doerflinger (Germany) 2006
21. 59 seconds to be happy... Marco Villani (Italy) 2007 smoking opium, 59 on the foil.
22. Order Sara Rajaei &Hadas Itzkovitch (Iran/Netherlands/Israel) 2005 Arrangement or disposition, relation and rhythm.
23. 59 seconds (time is a convention) Cristina Pavesi (Italy) 2006
59 seconds … may be extremely long or extremely short, it is a matter of everyone’s personal living.
24. Extracreato Luca Acito and Dario Carmetano (Italy) 2006, Sound: Heyehela Africa God is the creator in sixty seconds, Satan is the extra-creator in 59.
25. Chakra Brooks Williams (USA) 2005
26. 59 Steps Herve Constant (UK) 2006.
Chilling tale of ones man’s descent into madness.
27. Blank Estelle Artus (France) 2006
28. Sign 59 Irina Danilova (USA) 1998-2006 Apex of urban minute.
29. 59 II Michele Santarsiere (Italy) 2007
30. 59 is the key Valerio Veneruso (Italy) 2006
59 solves the Sudoku.
31. Cube Persefoni Marlaka (Greece) 2007 The briefest battle of chance vs logic.
32. 59 Seconds Break Javier J. Plano (Argentina) 2007 this film is entended for this festival exclusively ….it should be placed in the middle…to give a break to the viewers…
33. AMNEZAC FULANA (USA) 2005
Block your historical memory and ask your doctor about AMNEZAC: The Most Powerful Anti-Historiamine on the Market.
34. annche la parola uccide Gruppo Sinestetico (Italy) 59”
35. 59 Revolutions Mike Ricos and Caroline Louis (USA) 2007 A fan turns. A series of 59 revolutionary images are shown.
36. colorant Josephine Lipuma (USA) 2005 Through image processing /colorization/ visual effects/sound & tight editing of public domain footage, viewers are guided from pretty into their own internal voice to confront bias.
37. 59 Shoots Antonello Matarazzo (Italy)
38. ASCENSION Myriam Thyes (Germany) 2004 The glass elevator at the luxurious hotel Marriott Marquis in New York brings you to "heaven" ... We are taught to strive for higher things – success, wealth, honor, enlightenment.
39. The Gods Yan Chung Hsien (Taiwan) 2005 The gods are playing in the playground. The gods are fabric….The gods are oriental. The gods are sentimental.
40. 590 Javier J. Plano (Argentina) 2007
Integrates 4 individual videos: 3 of them 177 seconds long (59x3) and another one 59 seconds long, all together – 590.
41. 16 Stones Radim Labuda (Czech Republic) 2005 Deleuze, Guattari - Anti-Oedipus narrated by Martin C. Schmidt
42. Position 59 Javier J. Plano (Argentina) 2007 59 pesos. Section 59 in the biggest Argentinian newspaper classified ads (a.k.a. “prostitutes section”). Ad number 59….
43. Rubro 59 - Servicios Utiles para la Mujer y el Hombr Damián Durán (Argentina) 2007
Be careful with your fantasies… they can become real.
44. Take 59 Deborah Rosenberg (USA) 2007
The making of the future film “Director’s Folly”, in which the director takes the same two-line scene 59 times…
45. Hypochondria Mariana Bertoldi Youssef (Brazil) 2007 Sound Atelier do Vitche After 58 diseases, a man concludes he is sick again.
46. U-turn Franz Wanner (Germany) 2006
47. Self Portrait Yu-Chen Chiu (USA) 2005 An experimental video about the inner self-discovery through the reflection of a mirror.
48. Songs of Israel Irina Danilova and Hiram Levy 2005-6.
49. Collaboration Project 59 (USA) 2006 59 one minute videos.
50. Perfect Family Project 59 (USA) 2005 with Sarah, Rosa and Yelena Lidsky, Ignat Ayzenberg and dog Laila.
Every family has mementos… Sometime you have to stop breakfast in order to catch one.
51. 59 Pellets David Lachman (USA)
A short video about Zami, a cat with a will to eat. She loves her pellets and won't be distracted for too long.
52. The Twins Carine Doerflinger (Germany) 2002 Two mice run one after the other and try to catch up.
53. Perfect Family II Project 59 (USA) 2006 with Sarah, Rosa, Ilyusha and Zhenya Lidsky. Kids count.
54. Twenty-Six Randall Wakerlin (USA) One self portrait every day for a year.
55. Saddamites Fereshteh Toosi (USA) with Mark Dixon & Tsvika Solan
Inspired by Saddam Hussein’s use of body doubles, the video documents a visit to Washington DC on his birthday in 2003.
56. Moustache Avi Dabach (Israel) 2007
57. Hitler, the First Superstar Darya Zhuk (Belarus) 2004
A study in deconstruction of Leni Refienstahl's Triumph des Willens famous sequence.
Hitler's speech at Nuremberg rally is edited to leave him speechless on the podium.
58. Both Ends David Lachman (USA) 2005
A meditation on burning the candle at both ends.
59. 59 Endings Andrew Eyman (USA) 2006
Video montage of endings from films made during the Golden Era of 1950s Hollywood.