The Sand Moor Golf Club Ltd
SAND MOOR MASTERS
Friday July 21st 2017
36 Hole Men’s Open Amateur Stroke Play Event
Entry Fee £32.50
All applications must be made on the Official Entry Form below Fee must be sent with Entry Form
Entries Close: Noon Friday 14th July 2017
Entry Form - Sand Moor Masters
Full Name: ______
Home Tel: ______Mobile: ______Email: ______
Home Club: ______CDH No. ______
I am eligible to play in the tournament (Handicap Limit 5) and my handicap is not under suspension at the time of entry. I fully comply with the rules of amateur status.
Signature of entrant: ______Date: ______
To: The Club Manager of Sand Moor Golf Club Ltd, Alwoodley Lane, Leeds LS17 7DJ
I certify that the handicap of: is: (Limit maximum 5) under the Standard Scratch Score and Handicapping Scheme 1983 (amended 1997) and that to the best of my knowledge he is of amateur status as defined by the Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews.
Signature of Home Club’s Secretary:______Date: ______
Conditions of Entry
1. The winner of The Sand Moor Masters will be the player with the lowest gross score over 36 holes.
2. The Handicap Limit is maximum 5. Entry is limited to 60 players of recognised Golf Clubs. Closing Date for entry is Friday 14 July 2017. In the event of more than 54 entries a ballot will take place of the higher handicaps.
3. The Competition Committee reserve the right to substitute players who have scratched prior to the start of the competition.
4. In the event of ‘scratching’, the entry fees will not be refunded after the closing date without good reason.
5. The Competition Committee’s decision on all points is final.
6. A competitor who is not on the 1st tee at their allotted start time is liable to disqualification.
7. In the event of a tie for the Sand Moor Masters, there will be a “sudden death” play off. Other ties will be by a card play-off:
Sudden Death Play Off: 1st, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 18th, 1st, etc. This will take place immediately after regular play has finished. If not possible through dangerous weather conditions or insufficient light, The Sand Moor Masters will be declared a ‘Tie’. A player not present or available to play in a ‘play-off’ will forfeit his opportunity to win.
Card Play Off: Second 18th, Last 9th, 6th, 3rd and 1st. If not resolved: First 18th, Last 9th, 6th, 3rd and 1st (then First 18th, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc).
8. Times will be allocated by handicap; the higher handicaps going out first and the lowest handicaps last. A copy of the ‘starting time’ will be sent to each player.
9. A practice round for accepted players will be granted at Members’ Guests rate (£18) by prior arrangement with the Professional (0113 268 5180 or Email: )
10. The Club monitors the time taken to play a round of golf. Competitors should be aware that groups will be timed at intervals around the course. The target time for a
3-Ball medal is 3½ hrs. The Competition Committee will apply penalties for slow play under Rule 6-7, should they feel that these are warranted.
11. Wide wheeled trolleys only. No ride on buggies.
12. Jeans, collarless shirts, anoraks and training shoes are not permitted in the Clubhouse or on the course. This applies to both players and caddies. If shorts are worn, they must be tailored. Smart casual wear is permitted in the Clubhouse at all times, but this, at the end of the day, should be a change from that worn playing golf.
Please send your Entry Fee with this completed Entry Form. We will advise confirmation of acceptance and tee time to your
email address (if supplied to us), otherwise please enclose a stamped addressed envelope to:
The Club ManagerEntry Fee: £32.50
The Sand Moor Golf Club LtdPlease make cheque payable to:
Alwoodley LaneSand Moor Golf Club Ltd
Leeds (0113) 268 5180