Post:Business Support Assistant
Hours:37.5hours per week
Responsible to:Chief Executive
Role:To provide administrative and business support to the Chief Executive, ensuring confidentiality at all times.
To provide admin support for marketing, business development and funding activities and personnel on behalf of the Chief Executive.
To maintain effectiveadministrative, monitoring and reporting systems.
Dimensions of the Job:
Relate Birmingham covers the West Midlands, excluding Coventry, and South Staffordshire and provides the following services: relationship support and counselling, sex therapy, education and training, and counselling for families, children and young people and mediation. It also delivers a range of commissioned and funded services both in house and in community venues. It is led by the Chief Executive and Trustees and has a team of over 75 staff and practitioners.
The post is full time and core working hours will be daytime Monday to Friday but some flexibility will be required to work occasional evenings including attending evening Board meetings. Based at the main office in Birmingham, the role will also involve working at other locationsand this will necessitate some travelling.Time off in lieu will be given and travel expenses will be paid in line with the policy.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide administrative/PA supportservice to the ChiefExecutive including diary management, liaising with staff and external contacts and producing letters, reports and other documentation.
- Prepare for and organise Board meetings, producing agendas and papers and taking and distributing timely minutes. Arrange and minute team and other meetings as required.
- Assist in the implementation, administration and monitoring of specific contracts or projects. Produce performance reports and arrange review meetings.
- Carry out marketing activities as directed to support business development and partnership working. This will include arranging meetings, sending out targeted marketing information and dealing with the resultant enquiries.
- Maintain the Trust funding files and support the Chief Executive in the submission of funding applications, bids and tenders. To track their progress and maintain accurate records.
- Organisemedia and PR activity, assist with campaigns and carry out day to day social media, website and email marketing duties. Produce the in-house newsletter.
- Undertake research activities and analysis in support of business development or projects.
- Take responsibility for and lead on designated projects.
- Assist the Chief Executive to meet the governance and health and safety requirements of the organisation.
- Carry out personnel administration duties including updating staff files and records and ensuring all staff have ‘in date’ DBS checks.
- Undertake duties in connection with staff recruitment including placing job adverts, arranging interviews and inductions etc.
- Attend internal and external meetings and events on behalf of the Chief Executive.
- Ensure accurate and confidential management of all information, files and documentation.
- Maintain effective working relationships with national Relate, Relate Centres, partners and other organisations
- Promote equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory policy within the Centre’s practice.
- Contribute to maintaining effective communication internally and with outside bodies.
- Comply with the Relate Birmingham’s principles, aims, objectives and standards at all times and understand and comply with Relate Birmingham’s policies and procedures.
- Be aware of and observe Relate’s health and safety policy.
- Undertake training or other duties required to meet the objectives of the post.
This job description is subject to regular review and revision in light of the changing needs of the service.
BUSINESS SUPPORT ASSISTANT
- GCSE O Level (or equivalent) including English Language and Mathematics.
- NVQ Level 3 in Business Administration, or equivalent or working towards.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Strong administrative and organisational skills with relevant work experience.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office, including, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher and Outlook.
- Able manage a varied workload to prioritise to meet strict deadlines.
- High standard of skills in literacy and numeracy, document layout skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a range of people.
- Ability to take responsibility for a project or task and deliver within the agreed timescales.
- Able to work with sensitive and confidential information professionally and discreetly.
- Ability to undertake research, gather information and produce clear and concise reports.
- Ability to write accurate minutes.
- Ability to develop positive relationships and work effectively within a team
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision and guidance/supervision.
- Marketing or service promotion, including using social media.
- Flexible approach to duties and ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Prepared to travel to different locations and work non-standard hours from time to time.
- Commitment to Equal Opportunities.
- Commitment to the mission and work of Relate.
- Project or contract monitoring experience.
- Experience of working in or with the voluntary sector.
- Finance/budget monitoring experience.
BUSINESS SUPPORT ASSISTANT
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Based at:111 Bishopsgate Street, Birmingham, B15 1ET
Salary:£20,000 per annum pro rata, plus travel expenses
Fixed Term Contract for 12 months
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Annual Leave:25 days pro rata plus 8 public/bank holidays
(Office is closed Christmas Day to New Year’s Day and this must be taken from annual leave entitlement)
Pension:Workplace pension scheme with NEST
Probationary Period:3 months probationary period.
Notice Period:Following satisfactory completion of the probationary period, 1 months’ notice of termination will be required.
References:All job offers are subject to satisfactory references.
DBS Checks:All job offers are subject to satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service records checks at enhanced level.
OtherRelate Birmingham operates a no smoking policy for all staff.