R66 Renewal - Building Practitioner/Contractor (Individual) Renewal of Contractor

R66 Renewal - Building Practitioner/Contractor (Individual) Renewal of Contractor

Renewal of registration
Building contractor (individual) / Form 66

A7284417/2019-04-23/<ACCOUNTNO>Form 66 NotesPage 1

Use of this form

This form is to be used by builders who are currently registered as practitioners and who are or were recently also registered as contractors with the Building Services Board and are applying fortheircontractor registrationsto be renewed.

If you decide that you no longer require contractor registration, please advise the Board.

Combined practitioner/contractor, practitioner, partnership and company registration renewals cannot be made on this form. Please contact the Building Commission for the correct form.

Registration as a building practitioner

In Western Australia a builder who wishes to act as a nominated supervisor for a registered building contractor or wishes to use a prescribed title such as registered building practitioner must be registered as a building practitioner.

Registration as a building practitioner does not authorise a person to provide services as a contractor.

Registration as a building contractor

A person, partnership or company must be registered as a building contractor to:

  • be named as a builder on a building permit;
  • provide services as a builder for work that requires a building permit and with a value of $20,000 or more and is located within the area of the Board’s jurisdiction; or
  • use a prescribed title such as registered building contractor.

Financial capacity

Building contractors must demonstrate their capacity to pay debts as and when they fall due. A contractor can do this by submitting financial statements, an insurance certificate of currency or a letter from an independent accountant.
Refer to the financial capacity section of this form for further options.

Change of recorded details

Inform the Board if any information shown on this form is incorrect or out of date. Mark corrections on the form.

Duration of registration

You have the option of renewing your registration for a period of up to 18 months or up to three years. The period is “up to 18 months” or “up tothree years” because the Board may decide to renew your registration for a shorter period.
If you apply for up to 18 months the Board will assign you a registration of between 13 and 18 months. If you apply for up to three years the Board will assign you a registration of between 31 and 36 months. The Board will issue you a refund for any period less than the 18 months or three years that you selected.

Registration renewal fee

From 1 July 2014 the registration renewal fee is:

  • $183.00 for a period of up to 18 months; or
  • $375.50 for a period of up to three years.

GST is not payable on this fee.

If the Board renews your registration for a period less than your selection, the Board will adjust your fee and refund any additional fees paid.

If the Board refuses your application the registration fee will be refunded.

Registration expiry date

You must make your application to renew registration no later than the expiry date shown on your registration certificate.

Your application should be complete including attachments and payment.

You are encouraged to lodge your application well before the expiry date to avoid your registration expiring. If you do not have the required attachments, you should still lodge your application form and make payment by the expiry date.

Please provide all outstanding information within 28 days of lodging this form. Your application will be finalised after receipt of the outstanding information. If you do not provide outstanding information in 28 days, the Board may not consider your application and your registration will expire.

A7284417/2019-04-23/<ACCOUNTNO>Form 66 NotesPage 1

Form 66

Late applications

Avoid making a late application. If you do not lodge your application by the expiry date, you can still lodge a late application but it may not be accepted by the Board. A late application will incur a late fee and will require additional processing steps. For assistance call the Building Commission on 1300 489 099 before making a late application.

Lodging your application

Please complete and sign your application. Lodge it with your supporting documents and payment no later than the expiry date.

Applications and payments can be lodged in person or by post.

By post
Pay by cheque or money order made payable to the Building Commission or pay by credit card using the payment slip on the form.
Building Commission
Locked Bag 14
Cloisters Square WA 6850
In person
Pay by cash, cheque, money order, credit or debit card at the Building Commission counter.
Building Commission
Level 1, 303 Sevenoaks Street
Cannington WA 6850
Office hours are:
MonFri 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.

BPAY and online payment are not available for this registration.

The Building Commission will not receive email or fax applications for this registration.

Return of documents

The Building Commission does not return documents lodged in renewal applications.
If you need a copy of the application or attached documents, please make a copy before you lodge your application.

Certified copies

If you are providing a copy of any document with your application instead of an original it must be a certified copy. To have a copy certified you must show a copy of the document, together with the original to a person who is a qualified witness.
The witness must:

  • certify the copy is a true copy of the original;
  • place their signature, together with their full name and address and their qualification to be a witness, immediately adjacent to the words of certification.

Thefollowing people, who must not be related to the applicant, are qualified to witness:

  • Accountant
  • Bank Manager
  • Chemist
  • Dentist
  • Doctor
  • Justice of the Peace
  • Lawyer
  • Local Government Councillor
  • Minister of Religion
  • Police Officer
  • Post Office Manager
  • Public Servant
  • Real Estate Agent

and other people listed in Schedule 2 of the Oaths, Affidavits and Statutory Declarations Act 2005.

After your application is lodged

The Building Commission will confirm receipt of your application. If you do not receive an acknowledgement of your application within 15business days, please contact the Building Commission on 1300489099.

When the Building Commission is satisfied that your application is complete and payment is received, the Building Commission will refer your application to the Board for a decision on renewal.

More information

If you need more information about the status of your application or about registration generally you can call 1300 489 099 or email .


Form complete and details correct
Questions 1 to 4 answered
Document demonstrating financial capacity
Form signed and dated

A7240182/2019-04-23Form 66 NotesPage 1

Form 66

Building contractor(individual)

Your application cannot be assessed unless all sections are
completed and all information is provided.

Personal details

Registration no / Expiry date
Salutation / Mr / Mrs / Ms / Other please specify
Family name
First name
Other name(s)
Date of birth / Date of birth helps to identify registered practitioners

Business address required for publication in the register. It cannot be a post office box number.

Street number / Street name
Suburb / State / Postcode

Postal address– address for correspondence from the Building Commission.

Street or
PO Box number / Street name
Suburb / State / Postcode

Residential address  this address will be used on the register if a business address is not provided.

Street number / Street name
Suburb / State / Postcode

Contact details

Phone (home) / ( ) / Phone (work) ( )
Phone (mobile) / Fax ( )

A7240182/2014-09-17/<ACCOUNTNO> Building contractor individual renewalPage 1 of 3

Form 66

1 / Do you have arrangements in place to ensure that building services are managed and supervised in a proficient manner? / Yes / No
For guidance, as an individual contractor your arrangements could be that you will personally manage and supervise the building work you or your employees undertake.
2 / Are you currently declared an ineligible* person by the State Administrative Tribunal? / Yes / No
* If the State Administrative Tribunal cancels or suspends the registration of a building service contractor the Tribunal may use a power in section 60 of the Building Services (Registration) Act 2011 to declare an officer of the contractor to be an “ineligible person”.
3 / Have you been an insolvent in the last three years? / Yes / No
If you answered ‘yes’ to question 3, please identify your status:
Still insolvent / Discharged / Date discharged: //
4 / Do you have the capacity to pay your debts as and when they fall due? / Yes / No
/ To demonstrate your financial capacity as aindividualbuilding contractor please attach one of the following documentsin your individual name only. A ‘current’ document means a document dated not more than 90 days prior to the date of this application.
  • A current letter from anindependentCPA,accountant or auditor to the effect that in the accountant’s opinion the contractor can pay its debts as and when they fall due.
/ Attached
  • A current statutory declaration stating the contractor’s assets and liabilities (balance sheet) with a current bank statement.
/ Attached
  • A current statement of the contractor’s assets and liabilities (balance sheet) and a current bank statement certified by an independent accountant as a true and accurate representation of the contractor’s financial position
/ Attached
  • A current letter of eligibility from a Housing Indemnity Insurer*1.
/ Attached
  • A current certificate of currency from a Professional Indemnity Insurer*2.
/ Attached
  • Other evidence of financial capacity by prior arrangement with the Board.
/ Attached
*1Insurance cover must be in the name of the registered individual, not in the name of another individual, partnership, company or entity.
*2Professional Indemnity Insurance cover must be for or include work as a builder.

A7240182/2014-09-17Building contractor individual renewalPage 1 of 3

Form 66

Each buildingcontractor is required to have at least one nominated supervisor who is a registered practitioner. As an individual practitioner/contractor you are required to be registered as a practitioner to perform the supervisory function. Are you currently registered as a builder practitioner? / Yes / No

False and misleading information

Section 99 of the Building Services (Registration) Act 2011 provides for penalties of up to $25,000 where a person makes a false or misleading statement or provides false or misleading information or particulars as part of an application for registration or renewal of registration.



Full name of applicant

1 / authorise the Building Services Board, the Building Commission or persons acting on behalf of the Board or the Commission to make enquiries considered necessary to assess this application. My general consent includes the specific consent to the acquisition of copies of my criminal records.
I agree that the Board can use any or all information received pursuant to this authority for the purposes of the assessment or audit of this application.
2 / sincerely declare that this application is true and correct.



Choose renewal for up to 18 months or up to threeyears.

up to 18 months $183.00 / up tothree years $375.50

Payment method

Cash / Cheque / Money order / Credit card

Card authorisationBuilding Commission ABN: 91 329 800417

Visa / Mastercard
Card number / / Expiry date /
Name on card / Amount payable $
Cardholder’s signature / Date
Cardholder’s contact phone number

Department of Commerce | Building Commission

Level 1, 303 Sevenoaks Street, Cannington, WA 6107| Locked Bag 14, Cloisters Square, WA 6850

Telephone 1300 489 099 | Facsimile (08) 6251 1501


ABN: 91 329 800417

A7240182/2014-09-17Building contractor individual renewalPage 1 of 3