PROVERBS AND IDIOMS
A "dead loss" is –someone or something that is completely useless
"Dead set against something" means to ___. Be totally opposed
"Stop one dead in one's tracks" means to ___.To stop a person instantly
"To cut someone dead" means ___.To ignore someone totally
Between the devil and the deep blue sea" means ___.He was faced with two equally undesirable choices
"He who sups with the devil should have a long spoon" means ___.when dealing with dangerous people be careful
Full of the devil" means a person ___.is always making mischief
Devil take the hindmost" means ___.every one has to fight for his or her own survival
Dead to the world" means ___.sleeping very soundly
As silent as the dead" means ___.completely silent
A "devil of a job" is ___ job. An extremely difficult
Another way to say "Drop dead" is ___.Go away and stop botheringme
A "devil-may-care attitude" is ___.casual
Dead center -. Exact centre
Deadline-. Final date
Solve these and then create some of your own to stump your classmates!
- What kind of music do ghosts like?
2. Why did the ghost take his family on an elevator ride every day?
3. What do ghosts do when they want to start up a computer?
4. How did the ghost do at the comedy club?
5. What do you call a website for ghosts?
6. What is Casper's favourite sticky treat?
7. Where do baby ghosts come from?
8. Why did the ghost go to the doctor?
9. What would you get if you crossed a cocker spaniel, a French poodle, and a ghost?
10. Who protects the shores where spirits live?
11. What did the papa ghost say to his ghostly children?
12. What is a ghost's favourite direction?
13. Why couldn't the ghost ride the bus?
14. Why did the ghost rush home from school?
15. Why did the police officer arrest the ghost?
16. What do young ghosts call their moms and dads?
17. Where do little ghosts learn to yell "BOO!"?
18. Why are ghosts like newspaper?
1. Rhythm and boos.
2. To raise their spirits.
3. They boo-t it up!
4. He was a dead-knockout.
5. Bahoo or Yaboo!
6. Boo-ble gum.
7. Boo Genes.
8. To get a booster shot.
9. A cocker-poodle-boo!
10. The Ghost Guard.
11. Fasten your sheet belt.
13. Because he didn't have exact chains.
14. To watch an afterghoul special on TV.
15. Because he didn't have a haunting license.
17. In noisery school.
18. Because they appear in sheets.