PRESQUE ISLE STATE PARK
Volunteer Position Title: Pontoon Boat Driver
Site: Boat Livery
· Prepare boat for rides in the morning and secure it after the last ride in the afternoon.
· To operate pontoon boat and give interpretive talk for the general public.
· To ensure that each rider is adhering to the safety regulations set forth by the Coast Guard with regard to PFD usage.
· Answer visitor questions about the park.
· Volunteers should choose a time slot and commit to working that shift throughout the pontoon season, Memorial Day – Labor Day.
· Volunteers are needed to drive the boat for the 11 a.m., 1 and 2 p.m. rides Thursdays from Memorial Day to July 1.
· Volunteers are needed for the 11 a.m., 1 and 2 p.m. rides Monday – Thursday from July 1 – Labor Day.
· Drivers are needed for the 7 p.m. Wednesday evening ride.
· Ability to drive and park pontoon boat in various weather conditions
· Completion of mandatory Boating Safety Course offered by Fish and Boat Commission
· Ability to project voice for a small crowd
· Friendliness and desire to talk with visitors
· Ability to speak comfortably to individuals and groups
· Ability to assess and adjust to the comfort and interests of the group
· Knowledge and familiarity of facility and park
· Attendance at volunteer trainings
· Understanding of DCNR and its mission
· Uniform vest will be provided with TREC/PI logo and must be worn during your work shift.
· Shirt and pants should be of neutral colors (white, tan, black)
· Professional, appropriate casual dress
· Your performance will be reviewed once annually.
· Review is designed to assist you in performing your duties and to insure standards are being met.
· You may request additional reviews and input during the year as you feel necessary