CITY OF GLOBE
POLICE SERVICES TECHNICIAN
Job Posting 18-04
The City of Globe is accepting applications for a Police Services Technician
This specialized position will be cross-trained in the Records Section and Property/Evidence Room and will be required to assist in either area as needed. Records Section performs a variety of routine clerical, secretarial, administrative work in support of law enforcement activities. Property/Evidence Room is a specialized position and assists police officers with gathering and packaging of evidence and legal disposition of cases by maintaining property and evidence according to prescribed department procedures, state and federal laws for maintenance of evidence. Assists with relevant clerical responsibilities.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must type 35 words a minute.
- Must lift 70 pounds.
- Must have knowledge of computer skills and programs.
- Must have skill in operating office machinery.
- Must have ability to speak and write effectively.
- Must understand regulations regarding confidential information.
- Must be knowledgeable of OSHA Standards for Blood Borne Pathogens.
- Must have knowledge in Hazardous Materials.
- Must be knowledgeable of guns.
- Must be knowledgeable of other county, state and federal agency evidence handling procedures.
- Must be knowledgeable of local, legal procedures and guidelines regarding evidence handling.
- Specialized training in Evidence or Law Enforcement Records is highly desired
- Five (5) years of general office, communications, or records management experience; or Experience in warehouse
- An equivalent combination of education and experience
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Some knowledge of law enforcement principles, procedures, techniques, and equipment
- Knowledge of the criminal justice system and process.
- Knowledge of the Arizona Revised Statutes and knowledge of felonies charges and misdemeanors.
- Some skill in operating the tools and equipment listed below
- Ability to learn the applicable laws, ordinances, and department rules and regulations
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with employees, other agencies, and the general public
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in evaluating situations and in making decisions
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to meet the special requirements listed below
- Ability to learn the City’s geography
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- United States Citizen
- No felony convictions or convictions that would be a felony in the state of Arizona
- Able to work flexible hours and be "on call" for emergency situations.
- Able to pass polygraph, pre-employment drug test and physical exam.
- Must have the ability to obtain at minimum a Level “B” A.C.J.I.S. Certification.
Must have the ability to obtain and maintain membership and certification for Property and Evidence Management in Law Enforcement through the International Association for Property and Evidence and Arizona Association for Property and Evidence.
Salary Range: $ 32,250-$39, 022.50 PER YEAR, DOE
Applications are available at City Hall, 150 N. Pine Street, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or on the City of Globe website at www.globeaz.gov. www.globeaz.gov Applications and resumes with any additional related information must be received at City Hall or by fax at (928) 425-4820 for consideration. Position will remain open until filled. First review of Applications with any additional related information will be March 23, 2018. Please respond to Job #18-04 when applying. EOE/AA/V/H.
Published: Arizona Silver BeltMarch 21, 2018; March 28, 2018