Admin and Finance Officer
Salary / £20,000
Responsible to / Operations Manager
Working hours / 37 hours per week
Appointment type / Permanent
Location / SHNN head office
We are looking for a highly organised, energetic, personable, professional admin and finance officer to join our growing charity which supports self help groups across the UK.
This role is pivotal to the ongoing success of SHNN. The role will provide overall support to the office , the staff team and the self help groups
To maximise Self Help Nottingham & Nottinghamshire and Self Help Connect UK’s impact through excellent financial administration, enabling accurate and timely information, so effective decisions can be made. The post holder will also ensure the smooth running of the office and direct interface with providers and the community.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Book keeping : Issuing cheques, data and filing management of financial records, processing expenses, bank reconciliation.
- Payroll support – to provide up to date information to payroll contractors
- Pension payment support/coordination – coordinate pension payment and contributions
- Petty cash
- To support the treasurer with financial administration tasks as required.
- Financial management reporting responding to request for reports on budget areas
- Quickbooks upkeep
- Liaising with funders,auditors
- Support to budget holders – production of reports as required
- Annual returns to organisations including HNRC, Charity Commission, Companies House, Pension Trust
- Third party bank account management – managing self help groups money, implementing and maintaining effective processes and systems, regular statements to groups
- Managing and maintaining personnel records to include timesheets,sickness and holiday records
- Reporting as required
- Support with recruitment , support to interview panels, advertising, collating packs, preparation of rooms and paperwork for interviews and presentations, pursuing references, other recruitment related administration.
- Purchasing and procurement of services - including managing relationships with IT, stationery,office equipment and ensuring that we get best value for money contracts
- Contract management - utilities, reporting to agent/landlord with regard to repairs etc
- Managing the office/building – policies, procedure and practise related to the premises
- Health and safety – ensuring cyclical office inspections e.g. fire alarms etc
- Practical support services –organising and preparing rooms, printing postal services
- Ordering stationery and stock management
- Photocopying and printing
- Events planning
- Data protection
- Supervising ,supporting and assisting volunteers and/or apprenticeships
- Hospitality and reception
- Enquiries and signposting
- Room hire management
- Support to Senior management team
- Diary management
- Filing, minutes, travel arrangements
- Board and company secretary support
- As part of the office team, assist with general administrative duties including answering incoming phone calls, hosting visitors, supporting volunteers etc.
- To facilitate staff meetings and related events and generally contribute to the effectiveness of the organisation.
- To work in accordance with the vision, mission and values of Self Help Nottingham & Nottinghamshire and to observe policies, procedures and working practices set out by the Board of Trustees.
- To carry out any other responsibilities that reasonably falls within the scope of the post-holder and to assist with any reasonable duty at the request of the Board of Trustees.
Essential / Desirable
Recognised qualification in Admin/Finance
Recognised IT Qualification
Experience and Knowledge
- At least 3 years experience working in administration and finance administration
- Setting up, implementing and maintaining effective administrative systems
- Awareness of health and safety issues
- Awareness of risk management in an office environment
- Purchasing and budgeting
- Contract management
- Managing staff and or volunteers
- Understanding of data protection and confidentiality
- Understanding of self help, self care and mutual aid
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Time management and organisational skills
- Excellent IT skills: including MSOffice- Word, and Excel
- Quickbooks (or similar)
- Desktop publishing
- Commitment to equality of opportunity and celebrating diversity
- Ability to work on own initiative and manage workload
- Enjoys working with a wide range of people
- Ability to work collaboratively across a small staff team
- Willingness to develop professionally and attend courses as required.
- Ability and willingness to work flexibly with occasional evening and weekend working
- Can meet the requirements of the UK ‘right to work’ legislation*
* Self Help Nottingham & Nottinghamshire has a responsibility under the Asylum, Immigration and Nationality Act 2006 to ensure that all employees are eligible to work in the UK. Prior to commencing employment, the successful candidate will be asked to provide documentary evidence to this effect, for example a UK/EEA passport or identity card; a full UK birth certificate; a Home Office document or visa evidencing the right to take this employment.
Job Description: Admin & Finance Officer – April 2014
Self Help Nottingham & Nottinghamshire