Robert Tan Sin Chuan
Work ExperienceMarch 2008 to September 2010 / Tangible Pte Ltd
Tangible is a regional Brand Consultancy based in Singapore, serving clients primarily in the ASEAN region. Its core competency is in Corporate & Product Branding, with work ranging across Property, Logistics, FMCG, Banking & Insurance, Energy & Power, Healthcare & Hospitality sectors.
Position & Role / Partner / Director
My key role within the organization :
- Develop & grow the company’s market presence in key markets
- General management & oversee company administration
- Develop & grow client relationships; worked with major clients on re-positioning their businesses, developing brand strategies in M&A situations, creating strategies for clients’ new business ventures
- Established a regional presence for a 2 year start-up
- Steady & profitable revenue base
- Grew the company from a 3 man to a 10 man operation within 2 years
- Established buiness relationships & was assigned client projects in 2 years with key Asian MNCs including : Rendezvous Hospitality Group, Singapore International Foundation, Mapletree, Changi Hospital Group (Singapore); AboitizLand, Aboitiz Power, Fortune Tobacco, 2GO Logistics, UCPB Bank, Insular Life Assuarance (Philippines) & TimedotCom (Malaysia)
April 2001 to December 2007 / FutureBrand Pte Ltd
FutureBrand is a worldwide Brand Consultancy within the Interpublic Group of companies. Interpublic is a holding company listed on the New York Stock Exchange focussing on integrated communications. Its other group companies include McCann Erickson (Advertising), Weber Shandwick (Public Relations) & Golin Harris (Public Relations) amongst others.
Position & Role / Director
My key role within the organization :
Primarily responsible for Business Development during FutureBrand’s formative years in ASEAN & Asia Pacific.
Primary markets included Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines & Indonesia. Secondary markets included Hong Kong, Taiwan (ad-hoc basis).
- Part of the management team that grew the business to a 16 man organization in 6 years
- Established FutureBrand as key a key player in the Brand Consultancy market in the region
- Developed & established client business & relationships in a wide range of sectors, including M&A branding, Corporate, Insurance, Telecommunications, Energy, FMCG, Logistics, Transport, Education, Healthcare & Government (Tourism, Sports, Country branding)
- Established business with a wide range of leading Asian MNCs including : The Aboitiz Group, URC, Petron, UnionBank, Globe Telecoms, IMI (Philippines); Sime Darby, Sapura, Hong Leong Bank, Guinness Anchor, Maxis Telecoms, Munchys (Malaysia); Nutricia (Indonesia); SingHealth, SIM, NUS, SMU, Singapore Science Center, Singapore Sports Council, Singapore Tourism Board, Times Publishing, Mapletree, Vivo City, P&G, Tokio Marine Insurance (Singapore)
1983 to 2000 / Ogilvy & Mather Singapore Pte Ltd
Ogilvy is a leading worldwide integrated communications company within the WPP Group. It is one of the largest & most established proponents of integrated communications with key focus on Advertising, Digital, Direct Marketing, Promotions & Public Relations.
Position & Role / Started as management trainee in the Traffic department & rose through the ranks to the position of Managing Director of Ogilvy Advertising.
- Key experience in wide ranging positions within the organization
- Handled & grew client businesses across different sectors, across Asian markets
- Clients include : Shell, American Express, Guinness, Nestle, Unilever, Mattel, Starwood Hotels, Hennessy, Chivas Regal, Cold Storage, NTUC Fairprice, Pepsi, Pizza Hut, KFC, Singapore Army, Tradewinds (Airline), Ferragamo, Ermenegildo Zegna
- Managed & lectured in internal training programs for various levels (junior to advanced)
- Oversaw the management of Ogilvy Advertising as Managing Director for 6 years
- Represented the industry by serving in the Singapore Association of Advertising Agencies (Committee member & Vice President)
- Served on the committee of the Advertising Standards Authority of Singapore (ASAS)
Education & Non-Professional Service
Master of Arts in Mass Communications
Oklahoma City University, USA
Bachelor of Business Administration
Brock University, Ontario, Cananda
‘A’ & ‘O’ Levels
- Served in the ACS Old Boys Assocaition; Board of Governers
- Committee member of the AA (Automobile Association)
- Member of the Communications Sub-Committee of the NCPG (National Council for Problem Gambling)
Golf, Traveling, Reading, Teaching, Learning