POSITION DESCRIPTIONTitle / IT SUPPORT OFFICER
QSC Manual / Section / Reference / Pages / Date
HR / 16 / 03 / 1 / of / 4 /
OTHER RELATED DOCUMENTS
To support the Manager, IT, by providing a professional IT Support service to the Community Business Bureau and its staff and ensuring that the IT capacity and capability of the CBB is consistent with our existing and emerging needs.
Reports directly to the Manager, IT
- Desktop Maintenance
- To ensure that the organisation’s I.T. platforms are underpinned by appropriate, effective and integrated desktop maintenance solutions.
- To ensure the continuous improvement of desktop IT services through a structured program of version updates and undertaking such installation / de-installation services and software configurations as may be required.
- To ensure the provision of professional and timely IT advice, support and guidance to staff and customers in relation to troubleshooting and managing ad hoc enquiries regarding desktop IT solutions (MS Office, CHRIS, Evolution, CrAIG etc).
- To ensure all IT desk top solutions are supported by accessible and meaningful system and software documentation.
- To contribute to the selection and evaluation of desktop procurement options by undertaking such assessments and preparing such reports as may be directed by the Manager, IT.
- To ensure that the organisation’s I.T. services are underpinned by appropriate, effective and integrated hardware selection, maintenance and testing processes.
- To ensure the continuous improvement of IT services through a structured program of PC upgrade and replacement.
- To ensure the provision of professional IT advice, support and guidance to staff members and customers in relation to Troubleshooting and ad hoc enquiries regarding IT hardware.
- Contribute to the selection and evaluation of hardware procurement options by undertaking such assessments and preparing such reports as may be directed by the Manager, IT.
- Report Creation and Maintenance
- To ensure that the organisations reporting requirements are underpinned by appropriate and effective reporting solutions
- To create and maintain various SQL queries that serve as data sources for reports
- To review and update reports on a regular basis
4. File Server and Network Management
- To provide an internal resource for the maintenance and development of the CBB Network Configuration including Windows Server and Windows desktops, with a particular focus upon network efficiencies, database management, database maintenance, data back-up, data security, virus prevention and account administration.
5.Internet Service Support
- To support the continuous development of the CBB website through a structured program of review and quality improvement based upon the marketing needs of the organisation.
- To ensure the organisation maximises its Internet options through regular monitoring and reporting of Internet Traffic relative to the capacity of CBB systems.
- To provide ad hoc administration and development of the site and its content
- To provide an internal resource to support the design, development and maintenance of innovative and integrated telecommunications systems that meet the existing and emerging needs of the CBB and our clients.
- MAINTAINS HEALTHY AND SAFE WORK PRACTICES by:
7.1 Ensuring the work area is free from hazards, office equipment is maintained in a safe working order and adhering to occupational health and safety policies and procedures.
8.Cultural Diversity and Equal Opportunities.
- MAINTAINS A CULTURALLY AWARE AND SENSITIVE PROFILE WITH THE CUSTOMER BASE OF THE ORGANISATION by:
8.1 Adhering to the CBB values and contributing to staff development, knowledge and understanding of cultural diversity.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESULTS
The I.T. Support Officer will provide a high quality client focused service to ensure the delivery of appropriate and innovative support services to both the CBB and our clients and maximise the overall impact of IT solutions within our business. This will be achieved through the development, implementation and evaluation of a continuous cycle of quality improvement in the key result areas of desktop maintenance, hardware maintenance, Network management, Internet service support and telecommunications support.
- Some out of hours work may be required.
POSITION DESCRIPTION REVIEW
This position Description is to be reviewed on or before 30 June, 2013
SIGNED ...... DATE...... /...... /......
SIGNED ...... DATE...... /...... /......
Chief Executive Officer
PERSON SPECIFICATIONTitle / IT SUPPORT OFFICER
- Microsoft Server (2003-2008) Administration
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft SQL Server (2005-2008)
- Microsoft SQL Reporting Services
- Network Admin (routers, switches, VPN)
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Strong Customer Focus.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrable problem solving skills.
- Microsoft Sharepoint 2007
- Microsoft CRM 4.0
- Programming (C# .NET, PHP)
- Experience of Community Sector.
- Commitment to the ethos of the Community Sector.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Related IT qualification or accreditation
- Possession of current Class 1 driver’s licence