GOVERNMENT OF Sindh
SINDH ENHANCING RESPONSE TO REDUCE STUNTING PROJECT (P161624)
Request for Expressions of Interests (Individual Consultants)
This request for expressions of interest/applications follows the general procurement notice for this project that appeared in UN Development Business No. WB4788-08/17 of August 18, 2017.
The Government of Pakistan has obtained a “Credit” from the International Development Association for executing an action plan for reduction of stunting and malnutrition in Sindh, through the project “Sindh Enhancing Response to Reduce Stunting” being implemented by the Planning and Development Department, Government of Sindh, and it is intended to apply part of the proceeds of this credit for payments to the following “Individual Consultants’ Services” to be procured under this project.
Sindh Enhancing Response to Reduce Stunting Project now invites eligible individuals to indicate their interest in providing the services of individual consultants. Interested specialists must provide detailed CVs indicating their qualifications, eligibility, and ability, to perform the services.
Sr. # / Position / Required Qualifications & Experience
/ Procurement Specialist / Qualification: Minimum of sixteen years of education, with post graduate degree in Management Sciences or Finance or Commerce from a Higher Education Commission recognized, local or foreign University. In addition, a certificate/diploma/degree in the field of Procurement Management and Project Management from a reputable local or foreign institution would be preferred.
Experience: At least ten years’ experience in managing procurement processes in public/private projects involving procurement of goods and/or works & services. Should possess thorough knowledge and experience of World Bank Procurement Guidelines, Procedures, and reporting requirements. Should also have knowledge about the rules of the Sindh Public Procurement Regulatory Authority and other donor agencies, and also about international procurement best practices.
/ Financial Management Specialist / Qualification: MBA from a Higher Education Commission recognized University in Finance or Financial Management, with additional qualifications preferably CPA-USA/CA/ACCA.
Experience: At least ten years’ experience in financial management of development projects, preferably foreign funded. Should have extensive knowledge of Government and World Bank’s Financial Management systems and disbursement guidelines.
/ Environment Specialist / Qualification: Minimum of sixteen years of education with post graduate degree in Environmental Sciences or Environmental Engineering, from a Higher Education Commission recognized University
Experience: At least five years of relevant experience in environmental management relating to development projects with knowledge of ESMP and ESMF.
/ Social Safeguards Specialist / Qualification: Minimum of sixteen years of education with post graduate degree in Sociology or Social Work or other relevant fields, from a Higher Education Commission recognized University
Experience: At least five years of experience in preparing, implementing, and monitoring, social safeguard analyses and relevant documentation, preferably for World Bank funded projects. Should possess sound knowledge of the social safeguard policies and guidelines of the World Bank.
/ Project Implementation / Management Specialist / Qualification: Minimum of sixteen years of education, with post graduate degree from HEC recognized local or foreign University in Project Management or Public Administration or Business Management with PMP Certification.
Experience: At least ten years’ experience of spearheading implementation of development projects in the private or public sector. Proven ability to: (i) handle multiple tasks under pressure with short deadlines; (ii) ability to work independently, seeking guidance on complex issues; and (iii) excellent interpersonal skills, proven team orientation and the ability to work across unit boundaries.
- Selections shall be made in accordance with the procedures prescribed in World Bank’s, “Investment Project Financing Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services (July 2016)”
- Terms of Reference for each position can be obtained from the website: . Soft copies of TORs can also be obtained by sending a request on the email
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for negotiations. No T.A. / D.A. shall be admissible.
- The attention of prospective individuals is drawn to paragraph 3.16 and 3.17 of the Investment Project Financing Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services, whereby Consultants shall not be hired for any assignment that would be in conflict with their prior or current obligations to other clients, or that may place them in a position of being unable to carry out the assignment in the best interest of the Borrower.
- Attention of prospective individuals is drawn to paragraph 3.23 (d) of the Investment Project Financing Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services, whereby civil servants may be hired provided that the (i) services of the government officials and civil servants of the Borrower’s country are of a unique and exceptional nature, or their participation is critical to project implementation (ii) their hiring would not create a conflict of interest and (iii) their hiring does not conflict with any laws, regulations, or policies of the Borrower.
- Detailed CVs should reach on or before October 10, 2017, before the closing of office hours i.e. 5 p.m. on the address given below.
(Coordinator - Nutrition)
P & D Board, 2nd Floor, Tughluq House, Sindh Secretariat