Odyssey Charter High School
2017-2018 Enrichment Program
(Most classes begin on August 30. Please see below for specific information)
What is it? The Enrichment Program is a chance for high school students to attend campus for extra enrichment sessions on Wednesday or Friday afternoons on the high school campus. Many of the classes allow students to earn additional credits towards graduation!
What programs will be offered? We have a number of programs to choose from. Take a look at the list below and pick the class that is right for you.
When does it begin? Classes will begin on the afternoon of August 30 unless otherwise indicated below.
Advanced Placement & Dual Credit Classes (begins on August 30 unless otherwise indicated by the instructor). All students enrolled in AP classes must attend the appropriate face-to-face sessions. Times are subject to change so be sure to check with your teacher.
- AP Biology: 1:30pm-3:00pm in the Science Lab. Contact Ms. Wright at for more information.
- AP Calculus: 11:00am-12:00pm in the Building 1 Board Room. Contact Mr. Turner at for more information
- AP English Language and Composition: 1:30pm-3:00pm in Classroom C. Contact Ms. Gray at for more information.
- AP Environmental Science: 3:00pm-4:00pm in the Science Lab. Contact Ms. Wright at for more information.
- AP US GovernmentHuman Geography: 12:00pm-1:30pm in Room F. Contact Mr. Carter at for more information.
- AP Psychology: 3:00pm-4:00pm in Room D. Contact Mr. Mack at for more information.
- AP US Government: 12:00pm-1:30pm in Room D. Contact Mr. Azevedo at for more information.
- AP U.S. History: 12:00pm-1:30pm in Classroom C. Contact Ms. Bowers at for more information.
o AP World History: 1:30pm-3:00pm in Classroom F. Contact Mr. Spigelmyer at for more information.
- AP Statistics: 1:30pm-3:00pm in the Building 1 Board Room. Contact Mrs. Pratt at for more information.
- Pre-AP English: 12:00am-1:00pm in the Science Lab. Contact Ms. Palacios at for more information.
- Dual Credit Math: 2:00 – 3:00 in Room A. Contact Mr. Turner at for more information
- Credit Recovery Program (begins August 30). This class provides students an opportunity to make-up missing credits towards graduation (must be pre-approved by your counselor to participate).
- 12:00pm-2:00pm, 2:00pm-4:00pm in Room B. Contact Dr. McClain at for more information.
- Lifetime Sports. Join staff and students off campus to increase your skills.
- 12:30pm-3:30pm at various locations off campus. Contact Mr. Query at for more information.
Keep reading! More information on the back of this page.
- Math Support Lab. In a math class and need some help? This lab will provide the extra support you need to succeed.
o 12:00pm-4:00pm in the SLC. Contact Mr. Schmiesing at for more information.
- Writing Support Lab. Need some help with an essay or other writing assignment? This lab will provide the extra support you need to succeed.
1:00pm-4:00pm in the ELA Lab. Contact Ms. Giordano at for more information.
- Robotics/Rubic’s Cube Club. Design, engineer, build, and program robots to perform specific tasks.
o 12:00pm-3:30pm in Room E/G. Contact Mr. Roden at for more information on Robotics. Contact Ms. Wright if you are interested in joining the Rubic’s Cube team at for information.
- Art. Let your creative side show as you work on an art project to beautify the school.
o 2:00pm-3:30pm in Room G. Contact Mr. Bloebaum at for more information.
- Improv Theater. Want to get in touch with your inner actor and earn an art credit at the same time? This is the class for you!
o 12:00pm-2:00pm in Room A. Contact Ms. Lommen at for more information.
- Student Learning Center. Our drop-in lab will be open and fully staffed from 12:00pm to 4:00pm on Wednesdays.
Friday Enrichment Options Beginning September 1:
- Student Leadership (meets on Friday afternoons beginning September 1). Join student council and help to make decisions about events at school.
- 1:00pm-2:30pm in the Science Lab. Contact Ms. Bolliger at for more information. (must be approved to participate – come to first meeting for more information)
- National Honor Society (Invitation only).
- 12:00pm-1:00pm in Room F. Contact Ms. Fitzgerald at for more information.
- Yearbook. Help create, design, and publish the 2016-2017 Odyssey HS Yearbook!
- 2:30-4:00 in Room the Science Lab. Contact Ms. Haaksma at for more information. (must be pre-approved to participate)
How do I sign up? Please email the contact person listed above to let them know you are interested in being a part of their program. Then, show up at the time and place indicated above!
Who do I see for more information? Email the teachers listed above or talk to your counselor if you have questions concerning this program.