McMinnville School District
Now recruiting: Elementary School Principal
McMinnville School District is seeking applicants to join their dynamic team of elementary school leaders. This individual must be capable of leading alongside high performing principals who have a laser-like focus on teaching and learning and an urgency to provide whatever it takes to ensure that all students are college and career ready.
JOB GOAL: To use leadership, supervisory, and administrative skills to promote the educational development and success of each student.
Five years of successful teaching experience, and three to five years successful administrative experience; preferably at the elementary level
Valid Oregon Administrative License
Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate
- Provides and sets the tone for an effective learning climate in the school.
- Provides leadership and resources to motivate instruction, teaching and learning and support staff towards optimum performance in achieving the best opportunities for students’ growth and development.
- Promotes and participates in the ongoing instructional improvement of the school and provides embedded staff development in effective teaching strategies, common formative assessment and culturally responsive instructional practices.
- Understands and participates in the data team process and has ability to analyze and interpret data to improve student growth and achievement.
- Effective use of technology to enhance instruction and manage building functions.
- Assists in recruitment, screening, hiring, assigning, and training of school’s staff.
- Supervises and evaluates school staff.
- Prepares and administers the school budget and supervises school finances.
- Manages and participates in the school-based management council.
- Administers state laws/rules, school board policies/regulations, school district bargaining agreements, and other appropriate laws, rules, and regulations.
- Provides and promotes an effective program of public relations and communications for the school.
- Responsible for the attendance, conduct, health, evaluation, monitoring, and placement of students.
- Responsible for the safety and administration of the school facility.
- Participates as an active and contributing member of the Superintendent’s administrative team.
- Keeps abreast of changes and developments in the profession.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work outside regular office hours as needed to accomplish tasks, provide support and staff development, or meet with other constituents.
- Assumes other duties as assigned by the Superintendent or designee.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Reports to: Superintendent
Contract Length: 225 days
Salary range: $87,801 – $97,448
Complete an application at
A complete file includes: Letter of introduction and resume, three letters of reference, copy of college transcripts (official transcripts will be requested upon employment)
Out-of-state applicants are encouraged to apply but must have a valid Oregon Administrative License before final employment is possible. Visit tspc.state.or.us for more information.
Closing date is March 7, 2014, or until filled.
DISTRICT PROFILE AND HIGHLIGHTS
McMinnville School District has six elementary schools, two middle schools and one high school. It serves a diverse community of more than 6,400 learners.
The District has had three elementary schools designated as state model schools for two consecutive years. These are Title 1 high-poverty schools with records of high achievement.
One middle school is in the top 5% of all middle schools in the state.
McMinnville High School is a state leader in dual high school/college credit attainment.
The Oregon STEM initiative called McMinnville School District “a bright spot in STEM education in Oregon.
Superintendent Maryalice Russell was the 2013 Oregon Superintendent of the Year.
MHS Assistant Principal Sean Burke was the 2012 Oregon Assistant Principal of the Year.
Duniway Middle School Principal Cathy Carnahan was the 2010 National Middle School Principal of the year.
"Achieving excellence through high standards of teaching and learning."