Multi-Device Experience Design
Lead UX/UI designer with outstanding visual, communication and teamwork skills. Highly precise process using data informed design solutions contributing to all parts of product life-cycle including research, storyboarding, whiteboarding, wire framing, interactive prototypes, user testing, design specs and pixel-perfect mock ups facilitating product launch.
- UX/UI design solutions
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Mobile design
- Interactive Prototypes
- Usability testing
- Art Direction
- Adept with HTML5 and light CSS3
UX/UI Designer | Kellogg’s – Multinational Food Manufacturing | kelloggs.com
August2017 – Present
- Spearheading UX collaborationin the creation of a new system to forecast and organize new and existing data points to Top 5 Kellogg business owners.
- Applying in and out of market research and development methods in order to learn and understand emerging trends and technologies and to communicate this knowledge with team clearly and concisely.
- Creating style guides, content and messaging strategies, best practices and processes and communicated said out to cross functional teams on an ongoing basic.
- Ensuring that any content complies with corporate brand standards, corporate style guide, legal and compliance.
- Continually evaluating the usability of new and existing products while making constructive suggestions for change based on best UX/UI practices.
- Conducting usability reviews of programs design to understand potential usability issues around content, usability and user interface.
- Providing leadership on UX/UI project(s) efforts to ensure content and design meet business objectives and user needs.
UX/UI Director | Visit New England.com – Travel and Tourism | visitnewengland.com
June 1996 – Present
- Owning the user-experience and visual design for Visit New England.com, including the navigation system, reference pages, landing pages, marketing emails and design assets.
- Defined the standards of usability and accessibility across all seven web properties.
- Designed and managed the development of a new site-wide navigation system increasing page discoverability, reduced page exits, providing scalability for future growth while optimizing for search engine via new page hierarchy.
- Lead front-end development teams and engaged with product stakeholders, peer designers, and content providers to solve business goals using the best practice principles of user-centered agile design processes.
Lead UX/UI Designer | CDK Global – Automotive Digital Marketing | cdkglobal.com
February 2006 – March 2017
- Responsible for all aspects of the design strategy and implementation for Original Manufacture dealership websites on both desktop and mobile.
- Balanced needs of client, brand and consumer to create highly compelling interactive shopping experiences. Clients included Lexus, General Motors, Hyundai, Mini, VW, Holden, Infiniti, and more.
- Utilized qualitative and quantitative research to understand consumer shopping behavior, motivational drivers and personalized needs.
- Created wire frames, prototypes, specifications, redlines and pixel perfect mock ups.
- Conducted iterative usability tests and managed design reviews of product build during agile demos.
Art Director | Channelpoint – Insurance Digital Marketing | channelpoint.com
March 2000 – March.2001
- Responsible for the visual strategy and art direction of B2B and B2C applications and cross medium collateral.
- Working closely with the Creative Director to ensure that branding, strategy and delivery parallel Channelpoint’s design standards.
- Designed UI for web-enabled software products, created web-enabled applications for Fortune 50-500 insurance portals ensuring optimal usability.
- Creation of interactive prototypes from visual comps to html. Helped in the creation of Channelpoint style guide.
- Supervised and mentored teams of designers in user interface design principles and visual experience.
Senior Designer | Sprintout Internet Services – Web Design Company | sprintout.com
04.1998 – 02.2000
- Responsible for the growth of the brand-new media division of a successful technology services firm including new business development, client relations, and strategic planning.
- Creative and interactive production management of web and multimedia projects.
- Hiring and management of in-house and freelance designers and programmers.
- Coding in html for design solutions.
Johnson & Wales, Providence RI
Focus: Business Administration
New England Institute of Technology
Focus: Radio Video Production
See my Linked-In Profile