Dr. AbhaySonthalia / 3 Swami Vivekananda Road, Howrah -711202, India
D.O.B – 13.03.1981
Master of Dental Surgery (MDS, Prosthodontics and Maxillofacial Prosthetics)
Manipal University, Mangalore, India 2007-2010
Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
Manipal University, Manipal, India 2000-2005WORK EXPERIENCE
- Consultant Prosthodontist – NARAYANA HOSPITALS (formerly West Bank Hospital)(390 bed), Howrah. Aug 2010-Till Date
Expertise in various complex and routine dental procedures like
- Maxillofacial Prosthetics(Obturator, Guide Flange Prosthesis)
- Dental Implants
- Occlusal Corrections
- Full Mouth Rehabilitation
- Smile Designing
- Ceramic Veneers, Cast Partial Dentures, Flexible Dentures, All Ceramic Crown and Bridge, Complete Dentures,Post and Core
Independently handling referral cases from TATA MEDICAL CENTRE, KOLKATA and various dental clinics
- Post Graduate Student/Tutor - Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Mangalore 2007-2010
- Compulsory Rotatory Resident Internship - Manipal College of Dental Sciences 2004-2005
ACCREDITIONS & LICENCES
- Registered in Karnataka State Dental council under Dentist Act 1948 India; Reg no: 17, 175-A
- Registered as a member of Indian Prosthodontic Society. Reg No: S2214
- Completed PSV (Data Flow) for Qatar- Feb 2015
- Cleared my DHA Prometric and received the Eligibility Letter June 2015
ACADEMIC PROGRAMS PARTICIPATION
Conferences & Conventions
- 22nd ISOI Conference Mangalore 2015
- FDI Annual Conference New Delhi 2014
- 66th IDA conference Kolkata 2013
- 10th Annual Conference, IDA Howrah 2012
- Symposium on Maxillofacial Prosthodontics, Tata Memorial Hospital Mumbai 2012
- ICDRO World Congress Goa 2012
- 9th Anuual Conference, IDA Howrah 2011
- 8th World congress for Oral Implantology& AAID global conference New Delhi 2010
- 2nd Indian Society of Prosthodontics Restorative Periodontic Conference Kochi 2009
- 10th National Postgraduate Convention at Udaipur 2009
- 61st IDA conference Mangalore 2008
- 1st Indian society of Prosthodontics Restorative Periodontic conference Mangalore 2008
- 36th IPS conference Bangalore 2008
- 35th IPS conference – treatment modalities for partially edentulous New Delhi 2007
- FDI conference New Delhi 2004
CDE Programs and Pre conference course / workshops
- Have been regularly updating myself with various CDE programmes and Dental workshops
- Multidisciplinary Management of Severe Cleft Lip and Palate
GUIDENT.Vol 7, June 2014, page 15-18.
Authors: Dr. Arun Prakash, Dr. AbhaySonthalia, Dr. Barath Rao
- Invitro Evaluation and Comparison of Transverse and Impact Strength of Heat Polymerized Acrylic Resin Reinforced with Polyethylene Fibers and Polypropylene Fibers
Journal of Advanced Medical and Dental Sciences Research. Vol. 2, Issue 2. Apr-Jun 2014 Page 46-56.
Authors.Deepan. N, ArunPrakash.C, Bharath Rao. K, AbhaySonthalia
- Evaluation of the effect of desensitizing agents on the retention of complete cast crowns: An in vitro study
SRM Journal of Research in Dental Sciences | Vol. 5 | Issue 3 | July-September 2014.
Authors: Arun Prakash Chandrasekaran, NargunanDeepan, BharathKarikurve Rao, SwathiPai, AbhaySonthalia, SwapnaVenkateshBettanpalya.
- Comparative evaluation of effect of complete denture wear on the flow rate of saliva in both medicated and apparently healthy patients
Journal of International Society of Preventive & Community Dentistry Vol 6 Issue 3 May-Jun 2016
Authors: Abhay Sonthalia, Arun P. Chandrasekaran , Sheetal P. Mhaske , Mayank Lau , V. R. Joshy , George Attokaran
- “Comparative evaluation of denture wear and medication on the salivary flow rate”- an in vivo study. Submitted to Manipal University and Work done in Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Mangalore, under the guidance of Dr. Thilak Shetty MDS, Professor, Department of Prosthodontics, Dr. Vidhya K Shenoy MDS, Prof and Head, Department of Prosthodontics, MCODS Mangalore Sep 2009
- “Prosthodontic Rehabilitation Of A Severe Cleft Lip And Palate-A Case Report” at 36th IPS conference. Bangalore 2008
- “Management of chronic Desquamative gingivitis- a Perio-Prostho approach at 1st Indian Society of Prosthodontics-Restorative-Periodontic conference. Mangalore 2008
- “A multi disciplinary approach for oral rehabilitation” at 2nd ISPRP conference. Cochin 2009
- ”History of articulators” at 61st Indian Dental Conference. Mangalore 2008
- “Arrangement of teeth in abnormal jaw relations”-10th Post Graduate Convention. Udaipur 2008
- “Osseointegration” done at Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Mangalore 2007 – 2010
- Good communication and teaching skills. Good knowledge in computers and fluent in English.
- Special interest in conventional Prosthodontic treatment procedures, Implant Prosthodontics and Maxillofacial prosthetics.
- Undergone special training in Diagnosis and Treatment planning, and procedures of Oral Implantology under Dr. SudhakarBhat and Dr. DillipNaik, for Frialit systems, Dentsply, during Post graduate course.
- Taken several lectures and clinical demonstrations for Undergraduate students during my Postgraduate course.
- As an efficient Team member with seniors and juniors, involved in various academic and non academic discussion.
- Dr. G.SudhakaraBhat, Professor and H.O.D. Deptt of Prosthodontics. Sri Hasanamba Dental College and Hospital, Hassan (Former Prof. and Head, Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Mangalore.)
- Dr. Mathai Joseph, Adjunct Professor, Deptt of Prosthodontics, MCODS, Mangalore (Former Professor and H.O.D. Deptt of Prosthodontics, MAHE Institute of Dental Sciences, (MINDS), MAHE).