Lee County High School FCCLA is excited to host "Miss LCHS." The pageant is scheduled for Saturday, October 18, 2014 at 6:30 p.m. in the Robert Clay Auditorium. The funds raised will be used to send high school FCCLA members to region, state, and national competitions. This pageant will make it possible for many young women and men to participate in events that focus on being their best by promoting confidence, building friendships, and striving for goals.
· A $25 application fee and current picture of the participant is due on Wednesday, October 8, 2013 by 3:15 p.m.
· A $75 sponsor fee will be due on October 8, 2014. This fee will cover the program and award money. Sponsorships can be individuals, businesses, or other sources such as service organizations. You may have multiple sponsorships.
· Judging will be based on: casual wear, talent, interview, on-stage question and evening wear.
· Talent should be no longer than two minutes.
· A "People's Choice" award will be given to the participant that raises the most money. The young women will be raising money for The Lighthouse, a children's advocacy center in Americus. The winner will be crowned "Miss People's Choice". Promoting personal growth and leadership development is part of FCCLA's mission. It is hoped that each participant will participate in this part of the pageant.
· On stage questions will be based on the "People's Choice" related to children and their safety.
· There is a mandatory orientation meeting on Thursday, October 9, 2014 in room 719. We will meet at 3:30 p.m.
· Participants must be available for practices beginning Tuesday,
October 14, 2014 thru October 17, 2014. Times will be 3:30-5:30 p.m. There will be a dress rehearsal and practice on Friday and will end when we have completed the run through.
· Interviews will be ten minutes. Times and dates of the interview will be given closer to the event.