Learning Targets :
· I can describe the geography of Greece and tell how it impacted the lives of these people.
· I can identify the first Greek civilization and its cultural aspects.
· I can compare different forms of government systems which developed in Greece and analyze their impact on our government today.
· I can analyze the impact of mythology/literature and language in Ancient Greece and its impact on my world today (speaking and writing).
· I can show evidence of knowledge of the Ancient Persian Empire.
· I can compare the city-states of Athens and Sparta, including various aspects of their lives.
· I can identify the influence Alexander the Great had on Greek culture.
· I can discuss, and explain the lasting contributions of the Ancient Greeks in the arts, philosophy, sports, and science.
Unit Assignments :
1. Interactive Notebook assignments
3. Essay on Alexander the Great
4. Post Test
5. Open Response
· Polis, Classical, Acropolis, Democracy, Aristocrats, Oligarchy, Tyrant, Pericles, Mythology, Homer, Aesop, Fables, Cyrus the Great, Darius I, Persian Wars, Xerxes I, Alliance, Peloponnesian War, Phillip II, Alexander the Great, Hellenistic, Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, Hippocrates