INTERNAL JOB ADVERT
Management Training and Advisory Centre (MTAC) is a body corporate under the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Cooperatives. The Centre started initially in 1964 as a joint project of UNDP/ILO and the Government of Uganda and was later on established by an Act of Parliament No. 29 of 1969. MTAC’s mandate is to promote Enterprise Development and sound management practices through advisory, training / consultancy and entrepreneurship development services. In order to fulfill its mandate, MTAC hereby invites applications from suitable qualified candidates for the position of ASSISTANT LECTURER.
Report to: Programs Manager
Purpose: To carry out research, teaching and assess students’ performance in the allocated courses.
Qualification: A Hons Degree in Business or Management related courses.
Experience: 3 years of teaching/training in a higher institution of learning.
Duty Station: Mbale,
No. of Vacancies:01
Mode of application
A standard application form is available on the MTAC website and a hard copy can be obtained from the Front Desk of MTAC. This form should be the first page of your submission.
Please attach certified copies of your academic credentials plus up-to-date curriculum vitae that contains full address of three reputable referees.
Indicate the position applied for on the envelope containing the application
Address the sealed envelope to:
The Ag. Human Resource & Administration Manager,
Management Training and Advisory Centre (MTAC)
P. O. Box 4655 Kampala
The envelope containing the application should be delivered to MTAC Front Desk and signed for in the registration book.
The closing date of receiving application shall be 2nd June 2017 at exactly 4:00pm.
NOTE: 1. Failure to comply with the mode of application or any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification of the application.
2. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contracted. In case you are not contacted, please regard your application unsuccessful.
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR THE POSITION OF ASSISTANT LECTURER/ RESIDENT CENTRE COORDINATOR (RCC)
Reports to:Programs Manager
- Part Time Lecturers at the Centre
- Office Attendant
Main Purpose of the Job
To effectively and efficiently manage the centre, carryout research, train, teach and assess students’ performance in the allocated courses.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the teaching and other activities of the Centre
- Attend to clients’ demand effectively and efficiently
- Ensure that the teaching materials are available at the Centre on time for the facilitators to use
- Ensure facilitators payment schedules are submitted in time
- Mobilize participants for at least one skill and performance improvement short course per quarter
- Take charge and stock of all MTAC assets at the Centre
- Advise Management on the best way forward for the Centre
- Participate in reviewing and re-designing of training programmes
- Carryout Research
- Teach/train MTAC participants/students at least eighty (40) hours per month
- Develop quality programmes for accreditation by National Council for Higher Education
- Develop training and consultancy proposals
- Any other duties as and when required.
- Teaching and examination timetables developed
- Students taught as per the timetable
- Periodic reports developed and submitted to the supervisor
- Students internship reports and dissertations submitted
- Quality programmes developed
- Students’ examinations marked and submitted on a timely basis
PERSON SPECIFICATIONS – Assistant Lecturer/ Resident Centre Coordinator
Minimum Academic Qualifications
- Hons Degree in Management, Business Administration, Educational Institutional Management or other relevant qualifications
Minimum Experience and Exposure
- 3 years’ teaching/ administration work experience in a higher institution of learning, at least 5 of which should have been at senior management level in an Educational/Tertiary Institution
- Trends in enterprise and management development in Uganda and globally
- Business strategy and development
- Business and management
Key Skills Necessary
- People skills
- Sound financial literacy
- Networking, negotiation, resource mobilization and lobbying skills
- Effective communication skills
- Computer literacy
1 | Page