Confirmed Minutes s1


JUNE 2013



June 5, 2013

marriot rive-gauche hotel & conference center

paris, france

These minutes are not final until confirmed by the Nadcap Management Council in writing or by vote at a subsequent Planning & Operations meeting. Information herein does not constitute a communication or recommendation Council and shall not be considered as such by any agency.


1.0 Opening Comments – CLOSED

1.1 Call to Order / Quorum Check

The Planning & Operations (P&O) Meeting was called to order at 5:00 p.m., 20-Feb-13.

If applicable all of the Other Members/Participants were approved by the Chair to attend the meeting”

A quorum was established with the following representatives in attendance:

NMC Voting Members Present

* / Latchezar / Anguelov / SAFRAN Group
* / Pascal / Blondet / Airbus
* / Richard / Blyth / Rolls-Royce
* / Katie / Bradley / Lockheed Martin
* / Christian / Buck / SAFRAN Group
* / Scott / Iby / Hamilton Sundstrand
* / Robert / Koukol / GE Aviation
* / Serge / Labbe / Heroux Devtek Inc.
* / Daniel / Lecuru / Eurocopter
* / Jeff / Lott / The Boeing Company
* / Frank / Mariot / Triumph Group Inc.
* / Steve / McGinn / Honeywell Aerospace
* / Fabrizio / Quadrini / AgustaWestland
* / Mark / Rechtsteiner / GE Aviation
* / Victor / Schonberger / Israel Aerospace Industries
* / George / Winchester / Northrop Grumman

Task Group Chairpersons and Vice Chairpersons Present

* / Kenneth / Abram / Honeywell Aerospace
* / Phil / Bamforth / Rolls-Royce
* / Robin / Borrelli / The Boeing Company
* / Kent / DeFranco / Lockheed Martin
* / Karyn / Deming / Goodrich (UTAS)
* / John / Key / Bell Helicopter Textron
* / Manuel / Koucouthakis / Honeywell Aerospace
* / Ralph / Kropp / MTU Aero Engines GmbH
* / Scott / Meyer / Goodrich (UTAS)
* / Tim / Myers / Honeywell Aerospace
* / Tom / Norris / Goodrich (UTAS)
* / Alex / Pohoata / Honeywell Aerospace
* / Tim / Pruitt / Rolls-Royce
* / Amanda / Rickman / Raytheon Company
* / David / Royce / Pratt & Whitney
* / Richard / Rumas / Honeywell Aerospace
* / Jerry / Satchwell / Rolls-Royce
* / Bobby / Scott / Bombardier Inc.
* / Steve / Tooley / Rolls-Royce
* / Cyril / Vernault / SAFRAN Group
* / Jan / Wigren / GKN Aerospace Sweden
* / Paul / Woodley / Rolls-Royce

PRI Staff Present

Jerry / Aston
Mark / Aubele
Jim / Bennett
Jim / Borczyk
Rebekah / Braun
Will / Calvert
Nigel / Cook
Marcel / Cuperman
Bill / Dumas
Phil / Ford
Susan / Frailey
Mike / Graham
Mike / Gutridge
Connie / Hess
Rob / Hoeth
Scott / Klavon
Jim / Lewis
Bob / Lizewski
Dave / Marcyjanik
Brittany / McSorley
Robert / Nixon
Joe / Pinto
Keith / Purnell
Stan / Revers
Glenn / Shultz
Ian / Simpson
Rich / Sovich
Andy / Statham
Louise / Stefanakis
Jon / Steffey
John / Tibma
Kevin / Wetzel

1.2 The Nadcap Personal Code of Ethics, Conflict of Interest and the agenda were reviewed.

1.3 Motion to approve the minutes as written from the February 2013 P&O meeting and seconded. Motion Passed.


2.1 Rail Item 3 - Mike Graham to address the Standardization of failure requirements for initial re-entry and add scope audits. The current NOP-011 ballot addresses the requirements for initial re-entry but not add scope. Subsequent ballot to address “add” scope audits. Action Item is Open. Mike Graham to ballot NOP 011 by end of June.

Rail Item 4 - Pascal Blondet and Kevin Ward to meet with Tim Meyers to discuss subscriber participation and subscriber requirements documents. A meeting was held and a letter was generated regarding NMC support to the Task Groups. Action Item Closed.

Rail Item 5 - eQuaLearn (Michele Stefanchik) and Elastomer Seals Staff Engineer (Keith Purnell) to look into the feasibility of offering training for FMEA (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis) and PCD (Production Control Document) at the Nadcap meeting in June and report back to Elastomer Seals Task Group. it was stated that classes are offered but as to date there has been no real interest. Many who may be interested sit in the Task Group. Action Item Closed.

Rail Item 6 - John Key stated that a supplier has outsourced a single task (COMP TG) to an external source, and the Task Group wondered if this is permitted. Information has been sent to Kevin Ward for review. Action Item Open. Further discussion ensued and it was decided that Kevin Ward will have a meeting with John Key to develop guidance on how this issue is to be handled.

Rail Item 8 - Scott Klavon to look at the timing of the NMC meeting, currently Thursday morning for a possible change to Thursday afternoon or Wednesday morning. This will be decided on at the NMC meeting Thursday, June 6, 2013. Some discussion ensued but no overwhelming reason could be offered to change what is currently being done. Action Item Closed.

Rail Item 11 - All NMC members are encouraged to investigate their support level for all Task Groups, particularly FLU and SEAL and increase support if needed and warranted. As of June 5, one or two responses were received but group decided that the NMC members are aware to encourage attendance if needed. Action Item Closed.


Richard Blyth reported that the Auditor Consistency Sub-Team met with the Staff Engineers, Task Group Chairs and Vice Chairs and resolved comments and issues that were posed in the pre-ballot of NOP-012. The Sub-Team revised the mandate that all auditors be observed every 2 years but the mandate that new auditors will be observed within 6 months will be upheld. The estimated ballot to PRI Staff is the end of June 2013 and to the NMC in August 2013.

4.0 MRO-Update of Activity

Frank Mariot reported that they made a proposal in Globalization and this proposal was not approved. The MRO Sub-Team has been tasked with preparing training for the October 2013 Auditor Conference on OEM and MRO.

5.0 Task Group Report/Discussion Time

ACTION ITEM: All Task Groups to keep NMC Representatives copied on all correspondence in regards to participation and voting issues. (Due Date: 20-OCT-13)

ACTION ITEM: NMC to resolve which group has responsibility for “Additive Machining”; Welding or NonConventional Maching and Surface Enhancement. (Kevin Ward/Pascal Blondet, Due Date: 20-OCT-13)

7.0 other issues / new business / discussion

ACTION ITEM: The need to have voting requirements for Alternate Voting Members was brought forth by the Composites Task Group and discussed. A Sub-Team is to be created to develop guidance on alternate voting member requirements. Another related issue is when a voting member changes companies but still would like to be a voting member, need rules around this scenario. (Rebekah Braun, Due Date: 20-Oct-13)

ACTION ITEM: Kellie to circulate the Blue Book information prior to each Nadcap meeting to ensure accuracy. (Kellie O’Connor, Due Date: 20-Oct-13)

ACTION ITEM: PRI to investigate how to support NMC User Members data so they can know if they need to maintain the list. (Jon Steffey, Due Date: 20-Oct-13)

ACTION ITEM: The issue of the designation of ITAR audits and auditors to be added to the existing team led by Frank Mariot in Globalization. . (Frank Mariot, Due Date: 20-Oct-13)

ACTION ITEM: Jon Steffey with Jerry Satchell (CP Task Group) to investigate how to sift out the most common of Subscriber findings in eAuditNet. Any other interested parties may join this effort. (Jon Steffey, Due Date: 20-Oct-13)


Motion made to adjourn and seconded. Motion Passed.

ADJOURNMENT – 5-JUN-13 – Meeting was adjourned at 6:50 p.m.

Minutes Prepared by: Brittany McSorley;

***** For PRI Staff use only: ******
Are procedural/form changes required based on changes/actions approved during this meeting? (select one)
*If yes, the following information is required:
Documents requiring revision: / Who is responsible: / Due date:
NOP 011 / Mike Graham / 10/20/2013