CAPITAL CITY PARTNERSHIP – JOB DESCRIPTION
Making it Work EdinburghPart 1: / Post Details
TITLE: / Admin Worker(Temporary)
HOURS / £18,503 per annum (pro rata)
24 hours Per week
RESPONSIBLE TO: / Project Manager
DURATION:Fixed term to cover maternity leave until
11 March 2016Part 2: /
Organisation DetailsThe Capital City Partnership is a partnership of key agencies and communities in the city working together to promote social inclusion and achieve social justice for Edinburgh. The Partnership has a key role to play in Edinburgh’s Jobs Strategy ‘Joined Up For Jobs’, by improving the interaction between partner organisations and agencies, and the connections between statutory agencies, local communities and voluntary organisations.
The Partnership currently has a small staff team whose roles include strategy development, programme funding, evaluation, performance measurement, promoting joint work, advocacy and information, research and development and capacity building.
Making it Work Edinburgh (MiW) is a four year project funded by the Big Lottery through its Supporting 21st Century Life ‘Making it Work priority. Capital City Partnership is lead partner in the Making it Work Edinburgh project and will be directly responsible to the Big Lottery Fund for project performance, financial management, governance, reporting and compliance with Big Lottery terms and conditions of grant.
Part 3: / Job Purpose
To provide administrative and monitoring support to the MiW Edinburgh team.
Part 4: / Main Areas of Responsibility
- To provide general administrative support as a member of MiW project team.
- Call-handling for enquiries to the project.
- Supporting the Making it Work Project Manager and Development Workers to establish and maintain project recording systems, including financial records.
- To support the Project Manager and Development Workers to organise promotional and training events for lone parents.
- Supporting the Project Manager in the preparation of Making it Work promotional materials
- To support the Project Managerwith planning and co-ordination of Making it Workservices
- To deal positively and effectively with enquiries from lone parents and other stakeholders and direct these to the appropriate team member.
- Assisting the Project Manager in preparing and presenting project reports
- Any other reasonable and additional tasks
PERSON SPECIFICATIONPost Details
TITLE: / Admin Worker
RESPONSIBLE TO: / Project Manager
Supervision: / The post holder will report to and receive guidance and supervision from the Making it Work Project Manager. On a day-to-day basis, the post holder will be expected to operate with appropriate supervision on maintaining administrative systems and project record-keeping.
Experience and Skills /
- Positive outlook with a friendly and efficient manner
- Highly organised with attention to detail
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Skilled and confident in the use of a range of common software packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.Database experience would be an advantage
- Knowledge of maintaining calendars and appointment schedules
- Dynamic and able to manage multiple work streams, often on own initiative
- Ability to review, maintain and update client and activity records
- An innovative, problem-solving approach and ability to work effectively as part of a team and with a high degree of autonomy.
- Familiarity with the issues facing lone parents, employability issues and local community networks would be an advantage
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential, communicating at all levels.
The post holder may occasionally be required to work at weekends or in the evening.