Bandicam error message: Failed to start audio capture
When the sound card driver is not installed properly or when the sound card is not available, you may see the 'Failed to start audio capture' error message
To avoid this error message, uncheck the "Record sound" option like below:
If you uncheck "Record sound", you will be able to use Bandicam.
However, When you uncheck the "Record sound" option, you can't record computer sounds.
Failed to start audio capture - How to solve this problem
1. Plug the audio jack into the computer
Some computers recognize your sound card driver when you connect the audio jack to the computer.
1) If you see "Not plugged in" at the Windows Sound settings, please plug the audio jack into the computer.
2) If you see "Disabled", please select the "Enable" option.
3) If you see "Ready", please set 'Speakers (or Headphones)' as the default sound device.
2. Please check the Bandicam and Windows settings
1) Bandicam Record settings: Choose "(Default Sound Device)" as the primary sound device.
2) Windows Sound settings: Go to the 'Sound settings' of Windows, and set 'Speakers (or Headphones)' as the default sound device. The Speakers/Headphones will be green-ticked.
3. Disable voice chat programs, audio tuning programs or other recording programs.
If your audio device (microphone, webcam, etc.) is used by another program, you may not be able to record your microphone. Please disable voice chat, audio tuning or other recording programs, and try it again.
- Voice chat software: Mumble, TeamSpeak, Ventrilo...
- Other recording software: ShadowPlay (NVIDIA), AMD Gaming Evolved Client (Plays.tv)...
- Audio tuning software: Sonic Studio (ASUS Strix), Nahimic (MSI, EVGA)...
Solution: Disable "Sonic Studio" or "Nahimic" and restart the recording target.
4. Install the sound card driver
When the sound card drivers are not installed properly, you may see the 'Failed to start audio capture' error message.
Solution: Install the proper sound card driver from your sound card (or motherboard) manufacturer.
5. Uninstall/Reinstall graphics card drivers
Uninstall graphics card driver completely and then reinstall the latest graphics card driver.
6. Change the sound device of Bandicam
Click Settings button under the Video tab of Bandicam, and change the sound device of Bandicam.
If you use Windows 7/8/10, choose "(Default Sound Device)" as the primary sound device, and disable the secondary sound device.
7. Uncheck Compatibility mode in Windows Vista/7/8/10
If you can't see the "(Default Sound Device)" option in Windows Vista/7/8/10, it may be a compatibility problem. Right-click on the Bandicam icon > Properties > Compatibility > and then uncheck Run this program in compatibility mode for:. If you uncheck it, you can see the "(Default Sound Device)" option.
8. Upgrade your Windows XP to Windows Vista/7/8/10
To record computer sounds, you have to set "Stereo Mix" properly in Windows XP.
However, if you use Windows Vista/7/8/10, you don't have to set the "Stereo Mix."
If you choose "(Default Sound Device)" in Bandicam, you may not see the error message.