Name: Mahdi Aghabagheri
Address: No. 13, 9th alley, Bahonar Sq., Yazd
Telephone Number: 0351-7249255, 5261482
Cell phone: 09132593306
Date of Birth: Khordad 7th, 1362
Place of Birth: Yazd
Marital Status: Married
1391 Participating in SPSS course in Yazd University
1391 Participating in IELTS instructor course of TESOL Arabia in Tehran
1390 Participating in Ph.D. preparation course in Tarbiyat Modares University
1390 Participating in TOEFL & IELTS instructor courses in Ariyanpoor Institute in Tehran
1387- 1390 Received MA degree in TEFL from Islamic Azad University, Science & Research Branch.
1385 Participating in T.T.C of Safir Language Academy in Tehran
1381-1385 Received BA in English Translation from Islamic Azad University, Meybood Branch.
1383 Received Advanced degree from Academy of Foreign Languages.
1391 - to date Faculty of Shahid Sadoughi University of Medical Sciences.
1391 - to date Lecturer of English for M.S. Students of SSU.
1391 - to date IELTS instructor for Medical Students of SSU.
1390 - to date English Instructor in Arshad Institute, M.A. Preparation Courses.
1388 - to date Lecturer in English at Shahid Sadoughi University of Medical Sciences.
1388 - 1391 Lecturer in English at Yazd Islamic Azad University, The School of Medicine (Ali-ben- Abi Taleb)
1388- to date Lecturer in English Center of Shahid Sadoughi University of Medical Sciences.
1387- to date Supervisor of Farhang Pajooh & Jaam-e-Jame Language Schools
1388-1389 English Teacher in Kalam Institute, Tehran. (Affiliated to Professor Fahim).
1385-1387 Supervisor of Safir Language School, Yazd Branch.
1384-1385 English Teacher in Navid Language Institute.
1383-1384 English Teacher in Laboratory of Islamic Azad University, Meybod Branch
1382-1383 English Teacher in Academy of Foreign Languages.
1381-1382 Educational Counselor in Vaziri Language Institute.
Honors and Distinctions:
1391 Writing and directing a play named “Iran” in Emam Hossein Junior High School of Yazd
1391 Passing the IELTS exam of TESOL Arabia, conducted by Dr. Akbari in Milad Tower.
1391 Organizing a workshop on ‘Reflective and Creative Education in Yazd IAU, presented by Dr. Khany
1391 Organizing and teaching TOEFL course in Yazd IAU (The School of Medicine)
1388 One of the members of interviewer team in recruitment program of Training & Education Organization.
1388 Counselor and administrator of Virtual Education held by Pishgaman.
1388 Lecturer in English Center of Shahid Sadoughi University, faculty members' training course.
- Involved in teaching of TOEFL & IELTS classes since 1385,
- holding the TTC programs (2 times in Safir & 5 times in Farhang Pajooh),
- Designing the syllabus and developing the materials for Conversation, TOEFL, and IELTS classes,
- Developing the summative and formative tests for different levels (from Basic to Advanced),
- Teaching various books in the case of TOEFL & IELTS such as:
1. 504 absolutely essential words
2. Essential Words for TOEFL
3. Developing Vocabulary for TOEFL
4. Developing Reading Skills (Intermediate, Advanced)
5. Oxford Word Skills (Intermediate, advanced)
6. Reading through Interaction (2 & 3)
7. Essentials Words for IELTS
8. TOEFL Reading Flash
9. Tactics for Listening (Developing & Expanding)
10. Academic Writing Practice for IELTS
11. Open Forum (2 & 3)
12. Oxford Practice Grammar
13. Test Your Listening
14. NTC's Preparation for the TOEFL
15. Barron's How to Prepare for the TOEFL
16. TOEFL Grammar Flash
17. Longman Preparation Course for the TOEFL Test: PBT
18. Longman Preparation Course for the TOEFL Test: iBT
19. English Grammar Digest
20. Practical Writers
- Teaching various books in the case of conversation such as:
1. Streamline (Departures & Connections)
2. Headway (Starter, Elementary, and Pre-Intermediate)
3. Interchange (Intro, 1,2,3, Passages 1 and 2)
4. Landmark (Upper-Intermediate & Advanced + CAE Study Pack)
5. Top Notch (Fundamental, 1A,B, 2A,B, 3A,B)
- Teaching various books in TTC Programs such as:
1. The Principle of English Language Teaching by Jeremy Harmer
2. How to Teach English by Jeremy Harmer
3. Techniques and Principles in Language Teaching by Diane Larsen-Freeman
4. Approaches and Methods in Language Teaching by Jack C. Richards and Theodore Rodgers
5. Principles of Language Learning and Teaching by H. Douglas Brown
6. Psychology for Language Teachers by Marion Williams and Robert L. Burden
7. Practical Techniques for Language Teaching by Michael Lewis and Jimmie Hill
8. Contrastive Analysis by James
9. Error Analysis and Interlanguage by S. Pit Corder
10. Developing Second Language Skills by Chastain
Aghabagheri, M. & Naeimi, A. (2012). A Sociopolitical Study of the Asserted Intellectual Dominance of Monolingual Softwares in Representing Islam- Originated Words. Presented in Shahid Chamran University of Ahvaz.
Allami, H. & Aghabagheri, M. (2012). Raising Pragmatic Awareness Effect of Cause Discourse Markers on iBT Writing Module. Presented in Shahid Chamran University of Ahvaz.
Aghabagheri, M. & Rezai, M.J. (2012). Reassessing Rating Scales' Reliability: The Case of iBT Speaking Module. Presented in Tehran University.
Aghabagheri, M. & Rezai, M.J. (2012). Interlanguage Pragmatics Improvement in EFL Context: The Case of Contrastive Discourse Markers. Presented in Islamic Azad University, Torbat-e-Heydariyah Branch.
Aghabagheri, M. & Rezai, M.J. (2012). A Comparative study of Contrastive Discourse Markers in iBT Speaking Module and BNC Corpus. Presented in Shahid Beheshti University.
Allami, H. & Aghabagheri, M. (2010). A Cross-Linguistic Analysis of the Speech Act of Greeting in the EFL Context. Presented in Shahid Chamran University of Ahvaz.
Aghabagheri, M. & Dehghan, A. (2010). The Effect of Electronic Peer Correction on Academic Writing: The case of Written Discourse Particles. Presented in TELSI 8, Al-Zahra University.
Fahim, M., Aghabagheri, M., and Rezai, M.J. (2012). Raising Pragmatic Awareness Effect of Contrastive Discourse Markers on iBT Speaking Module. It was confirmed by the referees of TELLSI to be published.
Jabbari, A, A. ,Tavakoli, E, and Aghabagheri, M. (2013). Acquisition of Subjunctive Mood by Iranian EFL Learners: Adverbial Clause of Condition. It was accepted to be published in Elsevier.
Buzarjomehri, F., Aghabagheri, M., and Ghafarpour, F. (2012). English for the Students of Radiology. Tehran: Sobhan Publication. It will be published soon.
Hobbies and Interests:
The most significant hobby of mine is probing the literary books. My field of study is Comparative Literature mostly Iran and Greece. Epic is the favorite genre of mine. In addition, I write short stories most of the time on Gnostic subjects and translate literary texts.
I speak, read and write English well. I am familiar with the scientific tenets of Persian literature.
Professor Parviz Birjandi. Head of English Department, Islamic Azad University, Science and Research Branch.
Professor Mansoor Fahim. Associate Professor of English, Faculty of Allame Tabatabaii University.
Dr. Mohammad Javad Rezai. Faculty of English Literature Department, Yazd University.
Mohammad Reza Mozayan. Head of English Department, Shahid Sadoughi University of Medical Sciences