WESTMOORE PROM 2014
Date: Saturday, May 3rd, 2014
Time:8:00 pm until Midnight
Location:National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum, 1700 N.E. 63rd, OKC
Tickets:$30 per person ~ March 31st – April 4th
$40 per person ~ April 5th – April 26th
$50 per person ~ April 27th – noon on May 2nd
NO TICKETS WILL BE SOLD AFTER 12 PM ON MAY 2ND
Each junior/senior student is only allowed to purchase one ticket unless his/her guest is present at the time the additional ticket is purchased or unless the guest previously turned in an Outside Guest Form. Guest forms turned in by March 14th, 2014 will be approved/denied by March 28th, 2014. Guest forms turned in after March 14th will be approved/denied after the first week of ticket sales. All forms must be turned in to Room 119 for approval. Forms may be picked up outside room 119 beginning Monday, February 24th, 2014. You may also access the form on the school website. Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- CASH ONLY, NO CHECKS
- On sale from 7:45 am ~ 8:20 am
- Location: March 31 – April 4 in Room 135; After April 4th in Room 119 (anytime)
- Must show current student ID
- Everyone must bring a picture ID on prom night in order to be admitted to prom
Seniors ……….Monday, March 31st and Tuesday, April 1st
Seniors & Juniors ……….Wednesday, April 2nd and Thursday, April 3rd
Anyone who did not buy on his/her designated day ~ Friday, April 4th
On Wednesday, April 2nd, tickets will be sold from 3:11 ~ 3:30 pm for those students who are concurrently enrolled at Moore-Norman or for any other reason they are not at school in the morning.
Prom Favors: The first 400 students to purchase a prom ticket will receive a t-shirt.
Prom Pictures: All prom pictures will be taken by Blunck’s. Formal prom photos will be taken from 8:00 pm to 10:30 pm on the night of prom. Payment is due at the time photos are taken. In studio pictures will also be available by Blunck’s on an appointment only basis. Freeze Frame pictures and candid pictures will be available for online viewing and purchase from
Parents at the Prom: Unless you are on the guest list for Mr. and Miss WHS, parents will not be allowed into prom for safety reasons.
NEW RULES FOR 2014: ALL guests must either be attending High School (no freshman) or be ONE year out of High School. ALL GUEST FORMS MUST HAVE A HS PRINCIPAL SIGNATURE. NO GED/drop out guests.
Attire: Proper formal attire is required. Those inappropriately dressed will not be admitted into the prom. The dress code will be enforced ~ no exceptions!!! This is not a Costume Ball. Any clothing deemed faddish or extreme will result in non-admittance to the prom.
Tennis shoes are not to be worn by anyone.
- Dresses may not be cut below the bust line; bust continues around your sides directly under the armpit.
- No deep-plunging necklines ~ no necklines below the front-top of natural bra coverage.
- Dresses may be backless as long as they are not cut below the navel.
- Midriffs (both front and side) will not be exposed.
- Dresses may not have a slit that exceeds mid-thigh. This is fingertip length.
- If a dress does not meet dress code without an additional fabric insert, the insert must be sewn into the dress. No pinning will be permitted as an alteration for a dress that does not meet dress code.
- No cover-ups (jackets, shawls, sweaters) will be allowed over dresses that do not meet dress code.
- Undergarments should not be visible.
- Tuxedos and dress suits only.
- No jeans permitted.
- Must wear a tie.
- Shirts must have a collar and be worn at all times during the prom.
- Hats and canes must be checked in the coat room.
Entry Into Prom: You must have purchased a ticket and have a picture ID to be admitted. Once you have arrived, you may not leave and then return. Any person who smells of alcohol or appears to be under the influence of any illegal substance will be immediately turned over to the OKC police officers that will be on duty. Please be advised that all persons who enter the prom will pass through a metal detector similar to the ones used at airports. All handbags will be searched. The prom is a school-sponsored activity; therefore, the rules and regulations listed in the student handbook will apply.
Mr. and Miss WHS: All Mr. and Miss WHS candidates should meet by the stage no later than 9:45pm. The ceremony to announce Mr. & Miss WHS will begin promptly at 10:00 pm. Each candidate will be allowed to place four names on the guest list. Male guests should be in slacks and a collared shirt; female guests should be in a dress or nice pant outfit. Shorts, jeans, Capri pants, tennis shoes and ball caps are not appropriate and will keep you from being admitted. Any siblings who are on the guest list will also need to adhere to the same dress code.
Questions: All questions about prom need to be directed to Mrs. Hancock in room 119 or Ms. Dawson in the choir room.