There Are 10 Questions Worth 2 Points Each. Question 11 Is Worth 5 Points
Intro to Criminal Justice
There are 10 questions worth 2 points each. Question 11 is worth 5 points.
There is a bonus question worth 10 points
- The criminal justice system consists of three main parts. Select the correct answer by placing a circle around the correct choice. (Main Components)
a) Police, Penal Code and Jail
b) Police, Courts, Corrections
c) Police, Courts, Community Service
d) Police, Lawyers, Defense Attorneys
- There are Levels of law enforcement.
- The first 10 Amendments to the United States Constitution are known as the Bill of Rights. Select from below the rights guaranteed by the Bill of Rights
a) Protection from unreasonable searches
b) Right against self-incrimination
c) Right to cross-examine prosecution witnesses
d) Protection from arrests without probable cause
e) All of the above
- Some states in the United States are known to have “State Police.” California is known to have a State Police as well. They are known as:
a) California State Police
b) Golden State Police
c) California Highway Patrol
d) California Fish and Game
e) None of the above, California has no state police
True and False
Circle the correct answer from below by placing a circle around either T or F
- Regarding the collection of crime data, there are four (4) major sources.
- The Part I offenses in the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reports (UCR) are serious crimes such as Murder, Forcible Rape and Burglary
- The FBI has a time clock. This clock is kept in Washington D.C. and is manned 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- There are only two levels of law enforcement. Federal and local. There were three levels but state police (Highway Patrol) are not considered law enforcement.
- From 1991 to 2012, we have seen a “decline” in crimes in America. Some reasons for the decline have said to be:
a) Community Policing
b) Get tough on Crime
c) Advances in forensic science and enforcement technology
d) Good Police Dogs
e) A, B and C are correct
f) All of the above
- Rape is a horrible crime and may tend to psychologically as well as physically harm the victim. Rape is defined as:
a) The penetration, no matter how slight, of the vagina or anus with any body part or object
b) Penetration by a sex organ of another person only
c) The intentional and wrongful physical contact with a person
d) B only
This question is worth 5 points
- The “Special categories of crimes” contains the Gun Crime (the use of a gun during the commission of a crime). This will carry an additional sentence to the user. Write how many years will/may be added if they used a gun. There are three (3) answers here: You must answer all three for the 5 points.
years, years, or years
A Crime that is not reported to the police and that remains unknown to officials is also known as: Write answer in space below.