UNIT 3: Excel BTT2O
EXCEL – Assignment 1
The World Famous BTT Web Shopping Experience
You are lucky enough to win 1.0E+06 dollars in a lottery that allows you to go on a web shopping spree. You can search the Internet for all the things you would love to buy but couldn’t because your allowance just wasn’t big enough.
1. Rename the next worksheet in your workbook ASSIGNMENT 1.
2. In cell A1 write the title of the worksheet: SHOPPING SPREE; bold, 12 point.
3. Create the following headings beginning in column A at cell A3. Format them to bold. Adjust column widths to display headings in full.ITEM PURCHASED / PRICE / NUMBER OF EACH ITEM PURCHASED / TOTAL PURCHASE COST / TAX @ 15% / FINAL PURCHASE COST / BALANCE REMAINING FROM $1 MILLION
Porsche Roadster Sports Car / $ 81,000 / 3 / $ 243,000 / $ 36,450 / $ 279,450 / $ 720,550
4. Choose whatever items you want to purchase (max of 8 different items), and the number of each item you want, but no single item can cost more than $100,000. Buy stuff for your friends and family.
5. Create excel formulas to determine the results needed in each column. Look at the example entries.
6. Use whatever formatting you want to make the table appealing: fill, borders, coloured fonts, etc. Note that money amounts must be formatted as dollar entries. Impress me! Ensure that the table is easy to read, however. You may copy graphics of your item somewhere into the spreadsheet.
7. Write a paragraph right in your Excel document, explaining why you chose the items you did and who you are buying them for. (E.g. Porsche Roadster because Porsche is known for quality and this car has tested as one of the fastest luxury vehicles. I.e. are items chosen for quality, brand name, popularity, special interest, etc.)
MARKING SCHEME:/10 A / o Spreadsheet contains all required info.
o spreadsheet has functioning/correct formulas
o cells are formatted as required: e.g. currency
/ 5 C / o Paragraph is well-written
o proper spelling and grammar
o paragraph sufficiently answers WHY particular items were chosen
/ 5 TI / o Spreadsheet is easy to read/scan
o use of colour, fill, borders, etc. compliments the overall document