THE WESTERVILLE FIRE FIGHTERS’ MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
Award Amount $1,000
The Westerville Fire Fighters’ Memorial (WFFM), Inc. was established following the loss of twenty-nine year old, Westerville full-time Fire fighter/Paramedic, David Theisen, who was killed in a house fire during hometown volunteer duty. David had a level of enthusiasm and love for this occupation that was difficult to rival. He was most challengedby the difficulty of completing his fire fighter/paramedic education. He was determined,using every failure and pitfall to help him achieve his ultimate goal – to become a career professional.
The WFFM Scholarship was established to provide support for any individual in the State of Ohio, pursuing a career in Fire/Emergency Medical Services (EMS), in hopes that they too will achieve their ultimate goals in serving their communities as an emergency response professional.
Applications will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Academic achievement
- Community and school involvement
- Financial need
- Relevance of field of study
- How applicant plans to make a difference with career plans.
Applications must be complete for consideration.
Regarding Payment/Distribution: Please note that scholarship funds will be mailed directly to the applicant’s attending institution for deposit into their student account.Scholarship funds may be used for any educational expense.
This form is designed to be filled out on your computer:
- First save the form to your computer;
- Complete the form and re-save;
- Print the form and mail the hard copy to WFFM with application packet.
OR, you can print the form and complete by hand (please print legibly).The Westerville Fire Fighters’ Memorial Scholarship Application
Applicant’s Address: / Email Address:
Phone number / City: / State: / ZIP Code:
High School Attended: / City of HS:
Date of HS Graduation: / GPA:
High School Attendance Rate (4-years):
Institution Attending: / Expected Degree: Associates Bachelors Other
Field of Study
Expected Date of Graduation (mo./year): / Receiving Employer Tuition Assistance: yes no
Describe any extra-curricular activities or community organizations of which you are involved:
Reason for requesting the WFFM Scholarship (financial need):
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A WFFM SCHOLARSHIP, PLEASEINCLUDE THESE ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Mandatory essay explaining your career plans, why you are choosing an education in emergency services and how you plan to make a difference in pursuing this career (250-500 word length, must be typed).
- High School or College transcript (whichever is applicable).