Level: / Tuesday, 21 May 2013
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm
1.5 CPD points
Elementary level, for delegates who do not have prior knowledge of the subject matter / Language:
Venue : / English
Auditorium, Duke of WindsorSocialServiceBuilding, No. 15 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
About the course:
On 16 April 2013, the Government launched a three-month public consultation on 46 legislative proposals to improve the corporate insolvency and winding-up provisions of the Companies Ordinance Cap.32.
The proposals cover the following five aspects of the winding-up process, namely:
- the commencement of winding-up;
- the appointment, powers, vacation of office and release of provisional liquidators and liquidators;
- the conduct of the winding-up process;
- voidable transactions; and
- the investigation during winding-up, offences antecedent to or in the course of winding-up and powers of the court.
About the presenters:
Mr. Maurice Loo,Principal Assistant Secretary (Financial Services),
Financial Services and Treasury Bureau
Mr. Alan Fong, Assistant Official Receiver (Legal Services),
Ms. Ophelia Lok, Assistant Principal Solicitor (Legal Services),
Official Receiver’s Office
- The course is open to Members of the Law Society. Enrolments will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis.
- If a registrant has registered for a course which is free of charge, and he is not able to attend the course after his registration is accepted by the Academy, he must give written notice to the Academy at least one clear working day before the course is due to be held. Otherwise, he may not be given priority when he registers for the Academy future free courses.
- Only those who have been allocated a seat will receive a confirmation email from the Academy. Those who have not received a confirmation email from the Academy before the date of the course shall treat their registrations for the free course unsuccessful.
- Please click here for the CPD Attendance Policy which applies to those who wish to claim CPD points from the Law Society of Hong Kong.
- Please click here for the Bad Weather Policy.
- The Hong Kong Academy of Law reserves the right to alter the contents, speakers(s) or otherwise of this course, or cancel this course.
Re:Briefing Session on the Legislative Proposals to Improve Corporate Insolvency Law, Tuesday, 21 May 2013 (052113)
To:Hong KongAcademy of Law, 3rd Floor, Wing On House, 71 Des Voeux Road Central, HK
(Attention: Mr. Isaac Yim - Tel: 2846 0587; Fax: 2846 8801)
(full name as on identity card or practising certificate or trainee solicitor contract)
Occupation: I am (please tick as appropriate)
a Solicitor a Trainee Solicitor
(others, please specify) :
Solicitor No: Year of admission: Trainee: First/Second year (if applicable)
(if applicable) (if applicable)
Tel: Fax: Email:
I have read and accepted the Enrolment Conditions attached to the course flyer.