Tenant Move-Out Instructions
Tenants are required to give a 30 day notice prior to vacating
You must give us a 30 day written notice prior to vacating your property. Written notice must be received by the 1st of the month in which you are planning to move. You will be responsible for the entire month’s rent if the 30 day notice is not received by the 1st. We do not rent the house by a day by day basis; our policy is only in a monthly term. Please remember that you are responsible for your entire lease commitment.
Tenant must cooperate with the showing of the residence for sale or re-rental, keeping it in presentable condition. Management will give a 24 hour notice prior to showing.
You must return all keys by noon on the day of move-out to Shawnee Management. Please have your keys in an envelope labeled with your address. Make sure everything you need is out of the property and LOCK ALL DOORS AND WINDOWS. The rental will not be considered vacated and you will be responsible for holdover rent until ALL KEYS are returned.
We work hard to keep our rental properties in good condition and appreciate your help. We also want to return your security deposit to you in full. To do that, we need your cooperation in completing the following cleaning checklist. If all items are completed as indicated to our satisfaction, your security deposit will be returned to you within 31 days. We hope this will make it more clear and organized for you. If you have any questions, please call us at 785-783-2546.
- Remove all trash and personal items from home and yard.
- Clean all appliances thoroughly, including range hood, microwave etc. Clean sinks, cabinets and drawers.
- The carpeting must be PROFESSIONALLY CLEANED. Please turn in your receipt from cleaners with your keys, otherwise you will be charged a minimum of $70.00 for carpet cleaning.
- Wash non-carpeted floors. Remove stains and marks.
- Wash walls carefully; pay special attention to areas around light switches, hallway doors and baseboards.
- Clean all windows. Secure all screens and remove cobwebs inside and out. Make sure all windows are locked.
- Clean and disinfect bathroom thoroughly.
- Light fixtures, lamps, switches, heaters and shelves must be cleaned. REPLACE ANY LIGHT BULBS THAT ARE BURNT OUT.
- Repair or have repaired any damage you and your pets have caused.
- If you are responsible for lawn care: Mow, trim and remove debris from yard.
- Clean balcony, deck, garages, sheds, etc.
- Make arrangements to have your trash picked up before you vacate the premises. Trash left by the curb will result in a fee.
- If you have a public trash service; do not place furniture or large items in receptacles, fines will apply.
You must have all utilities on until noon of the day you plan to move. Utilities turned off before hand will result in a fee.
Schedule an inspection appointment
Please call the office 2 weeks in advance to schedule a move-out inspection; if you wish to be present. If you do not make an appointment an inspection will be done without you with one of our agents. Please note that you must have all belongings out of rental and utilities on for inspection. Appointments are scheduled on first come first serve basis.
Please mail or drop off at the office or give to Agent at scheduled inspection
Tenants Names on Lease: ______
Forwarding Address: ______
Current Phone Number: ______