Tax Year Name
- First time client:
- Provide the following:
- Social insurance number
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Have you changed your:
(Married, Common-Law, Widowed, Divorced, Separated, Single)
-Mailing address from last year
- Do you and your spouse live apart?
- Do you have any new dependents?
- Do you own any foreign property in excess of $100,000 Canadian?
(Including cash, stocks, trusts, partnerships, real estate, and other property)
- Would you like to use direct deposit for any refund amounts?
- Will any dependents turn 19 during the year?
- Are you providing in-home care for a parent or grandparent over the age of 65 or an infirm dependent relative?
- Are you or any of your dependents disabled?
- Have you received information on the registered disability savings plan?
- Have you applied for the Universal Child Care Benefits for children under 6?
- Have you applied for Canadian Child Tax Benefit for new dependents?
- Individuals over 18 may deposit up to $5,000 per year into a Tax-Free savings account?
- Have you over-contributed to your RRSP or your TFSA; penalties may apply?
- Did you receive any personalized tax information from CRA?
- Are you a US citizen or a green card holder?
- Did you receive any Notices from CRA for reassessments?
- Did you have any employment income (T4’s)?
- Do you earn any commission income?
- Have you received any pension income or retiring allowances in
- Have you considered splitting your pension income with your spouse?
- Did you receive any Employment Insurance payments?
- Did you earn any interest or dividend income (T5’s)?
- Did you earn any income from a trust (T3’s)?
- Do you own any strip bonds or coupon bonds?
- Did you have any other investment income?
- Do you own any rental property? Please provide the address.
- Have you sold any investments, shares (including switching products in a mutual fund), or real estate in the year? Please provide the details of each sale transaction including original purchase price, sale price, and cost incurred for the sale.
- Do you own shares or debt of a privately controlled corporation?
- Did you transfer or sell shares of a privately controlled corporation? Please provide the date, original purchase price, and purchase price.
- Did you transfer farming or fishing property to children or grandchildren in the year? Please provide the date, original purchase price, and transfer value.
- Did you have a 1994 election on farm property?
- Are you receiving any alimony, separation allowance, or child maintenance payments?
- Were there any transfers of property as a result of separation?
- Did you cash in any RRSP’s?
- Are you self-employed (i.e. run your own business or are you a member of a partnership)? What type of business is it?
- Have you received any scholarships, fellowships, or bursaries?
- Did you (or will you) receive a retiring allowance or severance pay?
- Did you receive a T10 slip for a Pension Adjustment Reversal?
- Did you receive any retroactive lump sum payments?
- Do you have any other sources of income(i.e. stock option plans, professional fees, director fees)?
- Did you purchase any RRSP’s?
- Are you involved in the RRSP Home Buyers Plan or Lifelong Learning
- Are you a first time homebuyer?
- Are you between 65 and 70? If so, you are eligible to elect top stop
paying CPP on employment or self-employment income if you are
receiving CPP benefits.
- Have you paid union dues or any professional fees in the year?
- Did you incur any child care expenses to earn income?
- Was any interest paid on qualifying student loans?
- Have you changed residences, more than 40km closer to work or school?
- Did you pay any alimony, separation allowance or child maintenance?
- Do you pay for a Safety Deposit Box?
- Have you paid interest on money borrowed to purchase investments?
- Did you pay back any Employment Insurance in the year?
- Did you or your dependents incur any post secondary tuition fees?
- Did you or your dependents move to attend post secondary?
- Did you have significant medical costs in the past year?
(includes: Blue Cross Premiums, Travel Insurance, Mileage to Specialists,
Prescriptions, Dental, Glasses, disability support expenses, etc.)
- Did you make any donations or political contributions this year?
- Did you make any installments to CRA?
- Did you have any employment related expenses (e.g. supply goods)?
- Did you have any of the following self-employment expenses:
- Bad debts
- Convention expenses
- Disability modifications
- Interest and borrowing charges
- Health insurance premiums
- Home office
- Square footage of home office
- Mortgage interest or rent
- Property taxes
- Home insurance
- Annual utilities (heat, power, water, sewer)
- Repairs and maintenance
- Leasing costs
- Meals expense
- Office expense (telephone, fax, internet, stationary, tools)
- Professional membership fees
- Did you have any of the following self-employment expenses (cont’d):
- Professional service fees
- Salaries paid
- Do you own or lease?
- Lease costs per month
- Interest cost per month
- Kilometers driven for business purposes
- Total kilometers driven for business purposes
- Fuel expense
- Car insurance
- Repairs and maintenance
- Parking expenses
- Equipment purchased
- Any tools acquired by an apprentice vehicle mechanic (apprenticeship grant eligibility)?
- As an employee, did you acquire any tradesperson’s tools?
- Did you have any adoption related expenses?
- Did you acquire any public transit passes?
- Did your children under the age of 16 incur costs for programs of
physical activity or arts program?
- Did you have any business research and development expenses?
- Did you incur any clergy residence costs?
- Did you have any investment counsel fees?
w:\admin\office\templates\personal tax\t1 chlist.doc/ WildeandCompanyChartered Accountants