SAVE THE CHILDREN INTERNATIONAL
ROLE PROFILETITLE: Nutrition in Emergency – Senior Program manager
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Rohingya Response / LOCATION: Cox’s Bazar , Bangladesh
GRADE: TBC / CONTRACT LENGTH:6 months
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
Nutrition in Emergency – Senior Program Manager, is expected to lead and oversee nutrition implementation to ensure timely and quality delivery of program activities as designed and coordination of emergency nutrition responses in the Rohinga response and provide leadership and continue support at field level, as well as to ensure harmonious integration of emergency nutrition response with multi sectoral interventions.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: DTL for Program Implementation (deputy team leader)
Staff reporting to this post:2 Nutrition program managers with portfolio of 110 nutrition staff
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Supporting ongoing/new nutrition in emergency responses:
- Together with nutrition team members anticipate start-up of likely secured grants so everything is in place for when funding comes through to ensure quick start up
- Work closely with the HR team to fulfil nutrition staffing needs in intervention areas
- Ensure timely start-up of emergency interventionsand development of DIPs for all grants
- Ensure budget monitoring, timely forecasting and review of budget versus actual.
- Provide technical check-upand supervision of ongoing responses
- Identify supply needs in intervention areas and work with logistics team to put in place a phased procurement plan and to deliver on that plan in a timely manner
- Oversee nutrition implementation to ensure timely and quality delivery of program activities
- In-charge of coordinating and implementing (IYCF-E, C-MAMI, CMAM, adolescent nutrition) other activities related to the program
- Set strategies on how to integrate or scale-up emergency response in affected areas where health, WASH, CP, Education projects are running
- Ensure emergency preparedness and response plan for nutrition sector in place and Support the implementation of Risk Reduction strategy.
- ensure capacity building activities including training and knowledge transfer to team members and provide succession plan
- Oversee the implementation of the nutrition activities of all projects and ensuring that the quality standards and state of quality are met.
- Lead in the recruitment processes of qualified technical staff for nutrition projects
- Engages in performance assessment of technical staff in health and nutrition/multi-sectoral projects
- Provides regular and brief technical progress update of the projects in the camp to the CO nutrition technical advisor.
- Ensure effective , management, implementation, monitoring, and timely submission of quality reports
- Work with Nutrition TA to Provide capacity building support and guidance to the nutrition managers/ coordinators/supervisors and implementing partners to strengthen health and nutrition programme implementation in the camp.
- Regularly updates and shares map of nutrition centers
- Ensure that qualified and trained professionals are working in all of the projects and conduct training need assessments and capacity building activities to equip staff with the necessary skills to implement quality nutrition programming.
- Oversees the day to day administration of the program area
- Resource mobilization/fundraising
- Work with nutrition in emergency TA and/or support production of high quality concept notes and proposals to mobilize resources for entry into new intervention areas (based on opportunity) factoring different limitation
- work closely with other partners in the camp to avoid duplication of efforts
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Academic/professional qualification at post graduate level or equivalent in public health and/or nutrition.
- Substantial operational experience (at least 5 years) and a track record of success on nutrition programming, including CMAM and/or IYCF. And C-MAMI
- Experience in project management of at least 5 years with > $ 2M budget responsibility
- Demonstrable experience in budget formulation and monitoring.
- Sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to think creatively and innovate and to set priorities, manageable work plans and evaluate progress
- Experience in complex emergencies, DRR and multisector approach required
- Knowledge, training and experience in nutrition in emergency response
- Demonstrated skills in program planning, implementation and monitoring.
- Demonstrated skills in peer group training, Training of Trainers and development of training materials.
- Strong computer and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Good command in written and spoken English.
- Respect of Save the Children rules by anyone visiting the program;
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
JD written by: / Date:
JD agreed by: / Date:
Updated By: / Date:
Evaluated: / Date: