Summit Ridge Worship Team Member Requirements
By Katie Hatcher, Updated February 2012
- Be passionate about worshiping Jesus through your musical gifts and, most important, in every other area of your life.
- Be seeking the Lord in your own personal life, through consistent prayer and reading the Bible.
- Be a regular attending member at Summit Ridge, claiming it as your church home.
- Be a selfless team player. We are committed to loving God and loving each other- being humble, positive, and encouraging. Be ready and willing to work witheach member of the team in order to create the best environment to engage people into God’s presence; that He may be truly worshipped.
- Be able to, with your specific instrument, confidently play your part to the current worship songs from our set list.
- Have enough experience with your instrument that you can confidently and quickly learn your specific parts to new songs.
- Be willing and able to play with a full band. This means being a “well rounded” musician- not a selfish one. You should be familiar enough with the other instruments and music to be able to work with all the other band members to create the best blending sound that we’re trying to produce during that particular worship set.
- Be able to confidently and comfortably sing melody to the current worship songs from our set list.
- Be able to confidently and comfortably sing harmonies to the current worship songs from our set list- This means that you should be able to:
- Pick out harmonies on your own and be able to hold your harmony line simultaneous to the melody being sung.
- Be given a specific harmony line to be sung and be able to sing it simultaneous to the melody being sung.
- Have enough experience singing that you can confidently and quickly learn the melody and harmony parts to new songs.
- Be willing to work with other vocalist and the band to create the best blending sound that we’re trying to produce during that particular worship set.
- Have a genuine heart for worship and serving behind the scenes.
- Be able to lead, support, and encourage the worship band.
- Always striving for excellence in the sound you create- you are the most important instrument!