Submissions for Senior Young Actors curriculum classic production in the Round
The Dukes Creative Learning Department are now accepting production proposals from directors interested in directing the Dukes 2018 Senior Young Actors production.
Building on the success of sell-out productions of curriculum classics, The Crucible (2016, directed by Louie Ingham) and Macbeth (2017, directed by Liz Stevenson) we invite production proposals for the March 2018 flagship youth theatre production in the Round.
Deadline for applications – Tuesday 8th August 2017
- Ideas which are bold and innovative.
- Production proposals which will challenge our Young Actors.
- The production has to incorporate up to 15 performers aged 16 – 19, predominantly female.
- The production will be performed in The Dukes theatre in the round.
- The director can work with up to two external creatives in addition to Dukes in-house staff e.g. movement director, sound designer, lighting designer.
- The texts to choose from are:
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley (Adapted by Nick Dear)
Jane Eyre by Emily Bronte (Adapted by Polly Teale)
Great Expectations by Charles Dickens (Adapted by Nick Ormerod and Declan Donnellan)
Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
- The rehearsal process will be structured around weekly Youth Theatre sessions (Monday evenings from 27th November – 11th December 2017 then from 8th January, including intensive half term rehearsals and tech week).
- Performances programmed for w/c Monday 19th March 2018.
- The fee will be in line with UK Theatre agreements.
Please return this application form by email, along with a directing CV to Dukes Creative Learning Producer, Daniel Matthew at by Tuesday 8th August. We aim to get back to all applicants by Friday 11th August.Name
Please use this box to tell us about your experience and why this opportunity appeals to you.
Choosing 2 of the titles listed above, please describe your visions for the 2 productions.
The successful director will have the opportunity to recruit up to 2 other creative team members. Who might you approach and why?
What is your ethnic or cultural origin?
Black British / Indian / White European/Other
Black African / Pakistani / Chinese/Other Asian
Black Caribbean / Bangladeshi / Mixed Racial Origin
Black other / White British / Other (Please Specify)
Asian British / Irish
Do you consider yourself to have a disability?
If yes, please give details below and outline any particular needs/access requirements you may have.
I Identify my Gender as?
Thank you for filling out this Dukes Application Form