VBS Using FGAC Overview Training
Xiaobin Li, Technical Consultant
SunGard Higher Education Banner Value Based Security Overview
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
April 24, 2009
SunGard Higher Education Value Based Security Overview Training is scheduled for April 24, 2009 at your institution. The purpose of this introductory training is to acquaint your technical and functional staff with the features of Value Based Security.
The training agenda and some general information about the training follow.
Please note the client responsibilities listed at the end of this documentVBS Using FGAC Training Agenda
Topic9:00 AM – 10:00AM /
- Introductory Comments
- Overview of Value Based Security
10:00 AM – 12:00 PM /
- Setting up a VBS Rule in Banner
12:00 PM –13 :00 PM /
- Lunch Break
13:00 PM – 13:30 PM /
- FGAC and Banner Security Overview
13:30 PM – 15:00 PM /
- Personal Identifiable Information
15:00 PM – 15:30 PM /
- Protection of Sensitive Data
15:30 PM – 16:00 PM /
- Review of VBS, PII and Protection of Sensitive Data
General Information about this TrainingIntended Audience / The intended audience for the training is your technical staff such as programmers, systems analysts, and database administrators, and any functional staff member who will be involved with the creation of Value Based Security rules at your institution.
Any administrator, staff, or faculty that you want to be present at the training is welcome.
Course Objectives / The purpose of this training is to present to the attendees with a high-level overview on the new Value Based Security functionality introduced in Banner 7.0.
At the end of this overview, participants will be able to:
- Understand the SCT Banner Value Based Security process
- Understand the SCT Banner Personal Identifiable Information process
- Understand the SCT Protection of Sensitive Data process
- Identify areas where Value Based Security may benefit the institution
Client Responsibilities/ The client must complete several tasks before the training consultant conducts the course. The following elements must be completed:
- Review the document entitled ‘Invitation to VBS Overview.doc’ and follow all setup instructions listed
- Send a copy of the document entitled ‘Virtual Classroom Participant Guide.ppt’ to every participant, and request that this document is reviewed prior to the training session
Topic: Fine Grained Access Training for FDHA
Host: Xiaobin Li
Date: Friday, April 24, 2009
Time: 9:00 am, Pacific Daylight Time (GMT -07:00, San Francisco)
Session Number: 713 898 596
Session Password: 111111
Host Key: 123364
1. Go to Choose Unlisted Session under Attend a Session on the left
3. On the next screen, enter Session Number (713 898 596) and click on Join Now
4. On the next screen, click on "Continue without logging in" under "I don't have an account"
5. On the next screen, enter your name, email and session password (111111)
6. Then you should be in the session.
International dial-in number: 1-800-6537499
1. Go to On the left navigation bar, click "Support".
Page 1 of 2